Kemper not connecting to Rig Manger

• This just started happening since I updated to the lastest OS 8.0.3. I have the latest version of Rig Manager as well. It's running on Windows 10. Haven't had a problem until now. Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. I didn't see anything about this specifically.

Anyone else have this happen?

• Hi, absrec.

Try this.

1. Turn everything off,
    2. Disconnect the USB cable so there's no connection to the Profiler
    3. Turn on the Profiler and wait until it's fully functional
    4. Turn on the computer and wait until it's fully functional
    5. Connect the USB cable from the Profiler directly to the computer
    6. On the computer, check Device Manager
      1. Sound, video and game controllers
      2. Kemper Profiler
      3. If the Kemper Profiler is there, check the properties to see there are errors
      4. If the Kemper Profiler is NOT there, at the top of the Device Manager Tree you should see the name of your computer
        1. Right click the name of the computer and click Rescan for hardware changes
      5. If there's no change, and you see a device "Unknown USB Device "
        1. Right click
        2. Update driver
        3. Browse my computer for drivers C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver
        4. Take a screenshot of any errors or messages

• Hi, Exactly the same problem here since the update today, no communication between rig manager and toaster, I've gone into device manager other devices shows as a code 28 no compatible drive. Had any luck? I'll post if I find an answer. Cheers

• Hi Managed to fix it Thank God lost without my Kemper, I'm used to battling computers, Looks like Windows defender is diving on the new Rig manager install so the old one stays and won't communicate with the updated installed Operating system.

I manually uninstalled Rig Manager, manually downloaded Rig Manager, and force installed it, initially Windows defender blocked it so I used the program compatibility option, It installed perfectly and working as before update.

|Hope this works for you

• Hi Managed to fix it Thank God lost without my Kemper, I'm used to battling computers, Looks like Windows defender is diving on the new Rig manager install so the old one stays and won't communicate with the updated installed Operating system.

I manually uninstalled Rig Manager, manually downloaded Rig Manager, and force installed it, initially Windows defender blocked it so I used the program compatibility option, It installed perfectly and working as before update.

|Hope this works for you

I did uninstall and subsequently reinstall RM before posting here. I'll have to check on that as well as the device manager stuff mentioned earlier. I'll report back once I do. I'm guessing one/both of those things will fix it.

• Hi, absrec.

Try this.

1. Turn everything off,
    2. Disconnect the USB cable so there's no connection to the Profiler
    3. Turn on the Profiler and wait until it's fully functional
    4. Turn on the computer and wait until it's fully functional
    5. Connect the USB cable from the Profiler directly to the computer
    6. On the computer, check Device Manager
      1. Sound, video and game controllers
      2. Kemper Profiler
      3. If the Kemper Profiler is there, check the properties to see there are errors
      4. If the Kemper Profiler is NOT there, at the top of the Device Manager Tree you should see the name of your computer
        1. Right click the name of the computer and click Rescan for hardware changes
      5. If there's no change, and you see a device "Unknown USB Device "
        1. Right click
        2. Update driver
        3. Browse my computer for drivers C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver
        4. Take a screenshot of any errors or messages

It was a driver issue but I ended up having to use a different overall path to fix it. When I followed the above steps, it didn't find anything by rescanning. I had to go into "Devices & Printers" and I found an icon that looked like a modem, or maybe an external drive, that said "Kemper Profiler". I went into the properties and the option to update the driver was greyed out. After fumbling around a bit, I clicked on Device Settings and it gave me (essentially) the same screen except now the option to Update Driver was available. I then was able to carry out the steps in #5. It now connects to the Kemper and everything seems to work again.

Thanks for your time and help.

-Aaron