The Amp Factory!

• Awesome! Congratulations on your anniversary and all the fine work you've done, Andy.

Mate, I've only had my Kemper for 2 weeks and already I have the classic modern-day problem of having too many choices (8000 profiles all up, I think). With this in mind, I tried to figure out what it would cost to purchase all your profiles in one go, 'cause I figure if I could grab the M.Britt packs and yours I'll be able to wipe everything else and "limit" my choices to "just" yours and his.

I know it sounds like overkill, but I'll be doin' a huge variety of original pop music and would just like to know that I have all bases covered. Good metal tones might be the only shortcoming, it seems, if only because there's comparatively little on offer between the two of you, but if your profiles do the job, all the better. So much for guitar. For bass, I certainly feel short-changed and realise now how spoiled I was with the POD X3 Pro and Bass PODxt, so I live in the hope that you and / or Michael will release a half-decent collection/s of classy profiles that'll nip this in the bud too.

I'm actually very poor (no car, no-entertainment, no-life, starving musician, as they say), and as I said, I tried to figure out what all your profiles would cost, but got very confused between the bundles and packs; I couldn't figure out all the overlaps, for example. I saw no mention anywhere of an "all-in-one" bundle, so figured I'd just ask you here. I'm sorry if this isn't the place to do so. I haven't mentioned the fact that I almost fainted when I saw the prices, so I won't. Suffice it to say that I read from many sources that commercial profiles were "cheap". I can only assume the reviewers and Kemper were talking about individual ones, in retrospect, something that's not an option for me given the task I'm faced with of completing 220+ funk, rock, metal and jazz-infused pop projects. It's a mish-mash, so I feel my palette should reflect this. I've ditched thousands of L6 presets (and the gear) that took many years to programme, so there's a gaping hole there. Once said hole is filled, that'll be it, given that I spent many more years programming thousands of synth sounds prior to this. So you see, the final step, its breadth, depth and quality really depend upon the sort of deal I'm able to receive from you, Sir Andy!

Any feedback is very much appreciated, mate, and thank you in advance, with much love from Down Under!
    Nicky

• wow thanks guys for the Love : )
    Appreciate that..

@Garrincha well actually I started in 2011, just not commercially till 12, oh and good to see you here again!

@Monkey_Man - Hey man, I'll need to contact you, as I deal with "Elite Bundles" on a 1to1 basis. - I cant send you a PM here, so please contact me and we can take it from there. : )

On another related note:... Here is hoping the RATE EXCHANGE from UK to US improves soon.. as it sucks, and its sad for me and you guys!. : (

• Monkey_Man - Hey man, I'll need to contact you, as I deal with "Elite Bundles" on a 1to1 basis. - I cant send you a PM here, so please contact me and we can take it from there. : )

Thank you, Andy. Not financial just yet so I won't waste your time right now, but please expect contact from Jungleville (Down Under) in the near future.

For now I'm just trying to figure out the lie of the land, mate.

On another related note:... Here is hoping the RATE EXCHANGE from UK to US improves soon.. as it sucks, and its sad for me and you guys!. : (

Sucks big-time down here in Jungleville too, brah!

• Just been going through the TAF Direct Amp FW3 pack and it's outstanding...some incredible Profiles.

Re naming them all with a DA upfront so I know where the Direct Amp Profiles are on my Kemper for an upcoming trade show.

• Well I have to say that after playing with The Victory amp bundle I am insanely impressed! :)

I'm mostly into the Rock tones but love cleans and breakups/dirty sounds and this set has them all. I would love to find out some more information about the stomp settings? I mean I'm still learning all things kemper but I love the V-Stomp Klon+ but have no idea what the Klon+ means?

My favourites have to be either The Duchess or The Earl.... but seriously if you are in any doubt £59.99 was money well spent :D

• Hiya Henry. - So glad your liking it.

Regarding the V-Stomp Profiles, they are some of the victory amps profiled with stomp in front of amp.
    So the Klon is a Overdrive Pedal. - The Plus and Minus signs meaning + for More gain, and - for less gain.

Acbooster, is Xotic Effects Overdrive.- Great for that Crunchy vibe, most blues players uses these in from of a clean/breakup amp.
    Amp50 is a small Booster pedal but with a Twist. - it not only pushes the tubes into more saturation, but adds a bit of air/brightness too.
    Kalamagoo made by Lovepedal, is a smooth overdrive, most popular with Fusion players for its singing lead style.
    Klon, is a expensive & rare handwired Overdrive pedal, that really is sort of any good with Old fenders..and fenderish amps.
    OD11, another Lovepedal model, trying to simulate early classic rock tones.
    PlimSoul, one of my fav pedals.. its a smooth pedal, great for blues and Rock but can get fizzy if not tamed.
    RedDirt, this is a Keely Modded pedal, its more for full on rock... but it cleans up well enough to be a varied pedal.

However.. all said and done.. Pedals change drastically depending on the weather, the wind direction and of course what amp you run them in.. not all pedals work with every amp..

Thanks for your great comments. - have a great day : )

• Oh wow thanks for the detailed information.... was I being stupid not being able to find that information on the website or in the readme? My feedback would be for newer profile users (owned mine since Feb!) that you could include that information in with it? Only because I am always interested in learning the effects/sounds of different gear :)

Only because part of me thought, oh right so are these stomp settings or full profiles. I mean they sounded great but I didnt know if I was getting something wrong lol!

Also with the profiles, I am right in thinking that the mics cannot be adjusted ? Its not a problem if not because as I said they sound killer but I assumed the amp when miced with a few mics is a blend of all the different mics?

• No Worries. Im happy to answer any questions you have. : )
    Regarding the Stomps, well Im not in front of my studio computer to tell you if I included that or not. - I mostly (sometimes) include a read-me file of some kind, so maybe I missed that Info out (quite possibly)

As regards to Mic psoitions, sadly nope.. once captured they are baked into the profile itself and cannot be adjusted. - however, you can tweek that further by pressing CAB then messing with the parameters on screen. but if it sounds fine as is then leave that well alone as things can get ugly real fast that way!.

My Custom Shop profiles are the closeset you can get to moving mics. (Well actually changing mics) as they are captured with all types of various recording chains & Setups.. but the victory was just straight.

Thanks again!. & Enjoy!

• Thanks Andy,

I read through the readme but couldn't see anything about the stomp profiles but your explanation above is excellent :) I also was pretty sure that the mics couldn't be adjusted... but seriously the Kemper suprises me every day at what it can do. I played some of the profiles to my band last night and they were really impressed.

The only problem is now the sound is getting so good.... the playing better be the same level :p