The Amp Factory!

• Interested to hear these -

You should try some other bundles as well - maybe a small mix and match bundle - "Andy's choice" of like 1 profile from each of the amps,
    that's a little cheaper like a sampler bundle?
    maybe a bundle that's only clean and clean+,
    a heavy metal bundle?

the price for all of them is too high at the moment.
    when will it increase 40% ? is this an introductory price?

and c'mon people that already downloaded- put some samples on soundcloud-
    (andy, if you wanna give me some profiles for free, I will put samples up today :)

anyway, nice job,
    Evan

• I grabbed the JCM800, plexi, vox AC30 and Trip Recto. There are some superb profiles in here, I tested direct and Amp/Cab it's Rock and Roll. I'd post some clips but the Mrs is about to lay the smackdown! I'll try later...

Spence

• I got the whole set this morning and after 3 hours of messing around....... WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

This collection is amazingly good. I have had almost every amp under the sun and currently have a dumble clone by Ceriatone, an originsl 65 super reverb, marshall metal panel from the 70's, an egnater, Mesa, a couple custom heads, a traynor, tech 21, etc, etc and these profiles left me with nothing wanting in the tone department.

These are even a step up from his old profiles as I directly compared. There are rigs that are perfect for clean funk, amazing mid gain tones all over the place, sweet bluesy drive that has the sponge I like and others that are more immediate that are great too. Cleans that are rich and full and also thin and spanky. There is not a lot of hard core gain rigs in the package but many of the amps do get very hot, and the mesa stuff will give you metal for days. I think the triple wreck profile sounds better than my actual Mesa single recto verb does in real life :)

And they are all great depending on the context and guitar being used. No "filler". I was also surprised at how great the JCM 800 clean sound was. I also fell in love with the car, the divided by 13, and the VOX handwired. The two rock and carol ann are also smooth as you could imagine, and provide exactly what you would expect out of a D style amp. Oh ya and the vibro king and Top Hat kill also. I am an engineer/producer with major label credits and a lot of work for large company's as a composer and I could do 95% of my work confidently with the top hat, car, triple wreck, and the vox.

My only gripe is some of the settings have too hot of an output for humbuckers so you need to crank down the volume, this is due for it meant to be used with lower gain pickups I suppose but gets annoying when you are flying through presets with one guitar (in the case I was using a PRS hollowbody). I am also still trying to get the hang of the naming system as the Kemper is not designed to filter easily until we get a nice computer based system for adding and organizing our profiles. This is not AND44's issue

Can't say enough good things. Buy em, support him, and hope he keeps doing this so we can get more in the future

• just got a few of these. stellar work andy, these surpass your previous efforts!
    sheguitarplayer, im sure you got it already, but you receive an email with links.

• Hi Andy, just bought the whole amp pack, i now have the most amazing collection of amps to choose from, some fantastic sounds and unbelievably even better than your first sets, which i never thought possible. This sets a platinum standard for the kemper profiles, as a previous guy mentioned, how the hell am I going to stop playing now!!

well done

• I grabbed the JCM800, plexi, vox AC30 and Trip Recto. There are some superb profiles in here, I tested direct and Amp/Cab it's Rock and Roll. I'd post some clips but the Mrs is about to lay the smackdown! I'll try later...

Spence

Hi Andy, just bought the whole amp pack, i now have the most amazing collection of amps to choose from, some fantastic sounds and unbelievably even better than your first sets, which i never thought possible. This sets a platinum standard for the kemper profiles, as a previous guy mentioned, how the hell am I going to stop playing now!!

well done

So now that it is even more definite that many of us will be in trouble with our Misses...we should hire one lawyer to represent us in court :D
    (surely with the money that we'll save we could buy more gear stuff and get over the separation shock eaaaaaasieeer :thumbup::thumbup: )

• Hmm... mixed feelings about the ones I've bought so far.

The Tone King Imperial is absolutely superb. Some of the very best profiles I've played - nails the sound and feel completely and each profile is very usable and dynamic. :thumbup:

The Carol-Ann OD2 and Matchless Avalon (both amps which I owned for 2 or 3 years, so I know them very well) fall short. The overdriven profiles are very spiky with a ton of low end, and to my ears sound quite unbalanced. The OD2 is a smooth, harmonically rich amp, capable of thick Larry Carlton tones, but these profiles just sound very harsh to me. Maybe it's the choice of mic? I don't think an SM57 is a good pairing for an OD2. Also for some reason, the clean profiles are clipping like mad - Andy, how do you have your KPA input section set?

(FYI monitoring on Genelec 8040a and Mackie HR824mk2s)

• Hey Andy : )

The Clipping as explained in the FAQ on the website is because I use low output pickups, so you need to adjust your clean sensi to suite your own guitar, then save over it. and your good to go... - and the harshness try adjusting the "Definition" make it lower to make it more smooth. this will cure your problem of harshness.

Here is a link to the FAQ for your convenience. FAQ

• As for the clipping it is the output that is clipping on mine not the input so for a quick fix you can just turn down the "volume" of the amp (not the master output as that will not fix the clipping issue). The volume levels vary greatly between different amps, some being fairly low level and others being crazy high and clipping (all with the same guitar with med output buckers). Once you balance out the level though its great.

Concerning the above posts about the amps, it depends a lot on what guitar you are using of course. With my PRS the carol ann was VERY smooth and carlton esque, whereas I was not that impressed with the avalon or the tone king. I will try one of my other guitars tonight and my opinion will probably change again on different amps :)

Overall these profiles sound and feel more like an amp than any of the other ones I have played and I have gone through all the stock and about 200 of the user profiles.

• Geat!

Your profiles has been more than worth paying for until now, so I feel that it is only fair to pay off just a bit..
    I'll try out a package right away..

One hint: You should really take some nice pictures of the profiled amps to go with the profiles.
    It would sell a lot better.. Also, it would be great with some audio clips - but someone has already mentioned that

Kemper made me proud to go digital.

• As for the clipping it is the output that is clipping on mine not the input so for a quick fix you can just turn down the "volume" of the amp (not the master output as that will not fix the clipping issue). The volume levels vary greatly between different amps, some being fairly low level and others being crazy high and clipping (all with the same guitar with med output buckers). Once you balance out the level though its great.

Concerning the above posts about the amps, it depends a lot on what guitar you are using of course. With my PRS the carol ann was VERY smooth and carlton esque, whereas I was not that impressed with the avalon or the tone king. I will try one of my other guitars tonight and my opinion will probably change again on different amps :)

Overall these profiles sound and feel more like an amp than any of the other ones I have played and I have gone through all the stock and about 200 of the user profiles.

This basically..

As I mention elsewhere. - real amps sound very different with different guitars... - for example the Toneking works brilliant with my strat and tele, but falls short with my LP..(the Toneking is my current goto amp for live play, but if I need to use my LP I take a diff amp for the job) other amps work amazing with the LP an don't so much with the tele or strat.. its about finding what works with what.. but IMO thats part of the fun : ) - and you can dial in the profiles definition and clarity and anything else you fancy to make whatever work.. some need tweaking some dont. its all down to personal taste and what works for you. and your equipment. - but lots of scope and different profiles to work with.. most importantly is to have fun : )