The Amp Factory!

• i'm not moaning or complaining about anything... just reponding to what was written... which i have a right to do... if you don't like it... too bad

i'll say it again... i have no problem with people charging for profiles... i'm sure these ones sound great and represent great value for money

i just don't believe how it's been presented... so i said so

• "i just don't believe how it's been presented... so i said so"

If you look back on prior posts and the free amps that were shared by Andy, it is not un-believable at all. People want more and he has the ability to charge for them. But you certainly have a right to your opinion.

• Sure, mistersully, you can say whatever you want.

And44 has contributed a number of high quality profiles for free to the community. Looks like he's generated 300+ more and wants to charge for them.

You're welcome to come out and insinuate he's liar in your first post if you wish. Seems like a jerk move to me.

• I went ahead and bought the whole pack - seemed easier than the one by one method. I sorted by author, and started at the top with the Morgan. 2 hours later, I am now on the 4th profile down - the Plexi BP+. Holy SHIT!!!!!! Nothing short of amazing. If a quarter of these are as good as these first few, I will consider this money VERY well spent. Amazing job man!

• i'm sorry... but my cynical nature finds it really hard to believe that someone went in to do all these profiles and suddenly realised it cost so much they'd have to charge to get "some" of their money back

i have no issue with someone making a bunch of profiles and then offering them for sale... people have the choice to buy them or not
    but what i quoted above... just seems a little far-fetched to me

So are we arguing over whether or not And44's decision to sell his profiles was in fact premeditated or not or are we debating as to whether they actually cost him any money to make.... Seriously, get a grip man :D

Spence

• Sure, mistersully, you can say whatever you want.

And44 has contributed a number of high quality profiles for free to the community. Looks like he's generated 300+ more and wants to charge for them.

You're welcome to come out and insinuate he's liar in your first post if you wish. Seems like a jerk move to me.

not my first post... i had to re-register after having to swap my KPA for a new one

anyway... i'm not going to get into a slinging match over this... it won't achieve anything....so i'm done here.... i think what And44 has done is very cool... and i actually hope he eventually does well out of it... i stand by what i said though

• People, focus.

Why Andy's profiles seems to be so much better than others? It's not just reverb and delays he is using more than others. Is it because his profiles are ready to .... Rock? They are not skeletons, they have 'meat'. Or? Why? --pia

Edited once, last by pia ().

• I have this similar problem, some serious clipping in the 15-17 fret G string

• People, focus.

Why Andy's profiles seems to be so much better than others? It's not just reverb and delays he is using more than others. Is it because his profiles are ready to .... Rock? They are not skeletons, they have 'meat'. Or? Why? --pia

I bought Mesa triple recto and Toneking. Not my cup of tea; for my taste there are much better profiles available. Well it was only 10 euros, so i did not take too bad hit there... Changing the cabinet helps a little, but the base tone is still not as good at i would have hoped it to be. I tuned the input sensitivity (clean) for my strat and used strat profiles. For recto i still like Tills modern recto much better.

Edited once, last by penatuna ().

• I bought Mesa triple recto and Toneking. Not my cup of tea; for my taste there are much better profiles available. Well it was only 10 euros, so i did not take too bad hit there... Changing the cabinet helps a little, but the base tone is still not as good at i would have hoped it to be. I tuned the input sensitivity (clean) for my strat and used strat profiles. For recto i still like Tills modern recto much better.

Try the tele and lp profiles as well.

• I bought the whole pack and couldn't be happier.

If you are into classic rock - like I am - the Hiwatt is killer. Espacially the profile with the 2some Fuzz is fantastic. I noodled around "The Wall" the whole afternoon. Used a Les Paul so I was obviously doing Snowy White rather than Dave Gilmour ;)

• I think it is because it is a "soft thing" compared to a "hard thing".

As a software developer I get this all the time, "all software should be free, as some is free". The idea being that if some people want to write free software then all the other software is over priced. The same thing has happened to music over the last 15 years.

A hard thing such as a burger or a beer for instance then people expect to pay and they have no problem with it.

I had similar experiences when I was working semi-pro as a photographer.
    Time, gear, knowledge all grow on trees out of thin air!

We should close this thread - or at least end this discussion.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• What purpose would that serve?

I believe he means that this way you can compare the real thing with the profile made.

Someone who does a couple of profiles maybe able to do it, but when you come up with dozens of profiles...that would be torture.

• I like the idea of having the amp sample & the profile sample. The first thing I did was youtube the amps & listen to them for a comparrison to the profile sound samples. I know that is not the best way, but some of these amps I have never even heard of.

• Playing around with the profiles I found another gem: The blonde '62 Bassman. This is one amp the Beatles used from '64 on and allegedly was used by Clapton when he recorded the "while my guitar gently weeps" solo. I slapped a vintage chorus behind the ampstage and had a very good impersiantion of that sound. I know it was real tape-flange on the original track and done at mixdown, but the vintage chorus did the trick pretty good.