Can I use the looper function with just a Kemper head and no remote

• Hi, Alan.

just make sure you have the Looper position set to Pre for auditioning tones.

The only place I have found to change the Looper Location is in the System settings page [12/18] (soft button 4). The options for the Looper Location are Input and Output (not Pre and Post).

Page [12/18] is the Remote settings. If you don't have a Remote, that page is greyed out.

EDIT - Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output

Have you found another way to change the Looper Location?

Thanks,

ST

• no sorry the locations are Input and Output I just wasn’t near my KPA and forgot what the terminology was.

We forgive you (I think it was actually renamed)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi, ExoThrasher.

I'm still very unclear as to how and if I can use the looper function

The Looper feature is fully supported with the Kemper Remote. Without the Remote you can still get some of the functionality with a couple of footswitches or ideally a dual-mode switch. If you have the Kemper Switch

It's ready to go with the following settings.

System Settings

Set Pedal 1

Mode : Dual Switch

Switch Ring : Looper Start

Switch Tip : Looper Stop

I've done this a Boss FS-6.

Set both switches set as shown by the green arrows below.

Polarity: Normal (normally open)

Latching: Unlatched (momentary contact)

For auditioning tones - in the System Settings page [12/18] (it will be greyed out, but you can still set the following)

Set Looper Location to Input - This will be hard to read because it's greyed out. It's the right-most soft button (top right of the screen).

Without a Remote connected

Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output

The fourth soft button (top right above the display) is still active even though the screen is greyed out.

Light Off = Looper Location Input

Light On = Looper Location Output

Setting the Looper Location to Input means your loop plays at the beginning of the signal chain. When you change Rigs or Effects, the output will change too.

You will be able to:

Start recording

Overdub (you won't need that for auditioning tones)

Stop the recording

Here's an excerpt from the Kemper Main manual.

That should get you going.

ST

Kemper Profiling Amplifier (unpowered) [2014], Remote [2016], Stage [2020], PowerRack, Remote & Kab[2021]
    Twitter | LinkedIn | My Blog | My Kemper Notes

Edited 5 times, last by ST: Added Without a Remote connected Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output The fourth soft button (top right above the display) is still active even though the screen is greyed out. Light Off = Looper Location Input Light On = Looper Location Output​ ().

• just make sure you have the Looper position set to Pre for auditioning tones.

and later

sorry the locations are Input and Output I just wasn’t near my KPA and forgot what the terminology was.

Hi, Alan.

Your memory is fine. musicmad is right. The terminology has been changed. In the Kemper Looper Tutorial, they use the terms Pre and Post. I couldn't remember what they called it. When I looked, I found the current terms Input and Output.

Cheers!

ST