Looper without Kemper remote switch board

• While trying to use the Kemper looper I am deadlocked again. I programmed two actions on my "System" Looper Start "and" Looper Stop ", I also tried to dedicate a switch to" Looper Mode "but nothing helped. No looper. If I place a" looper effect "I have this laconic message:

I have to say I'm using only a dual remote switch. No way to start the looper...

Edited 2 times, last by Algado ().

• you need to read the manual. You are trying to load an FX loop not use the Looper.

Not really, my question is because I failed to start the looper using "looper start" I tried putting "effect looper mono" in the rig, thinking maybe it was necessary .. I have tried all the solutions, but I only want to use the internal kemper.

I couldn't find any information on manually configuring the looper using only an external dual switch. I don't have the Kemper remote, I don't want it.

Is it possible to use the Kemper integrated looper only with the Kemper dual switch?

• yes. Its in the manual. System menu pedals set one pedal on the KPA to start looper.

KPA ? chinese for me

I set Pedal 1

Mode : Dual Switch ( I have a Kemper dual switch from Kemper )

Switch Ring : Looper Start

Switch Tip : Looper Stop

I tryed olso :

Switch Ring : Looper Mode

Switch Tip : Looper Start

same result : nothing...

• Hi, Algado.

KPA = Kemper Profiling Amp

I set Pedal 1

Mode : Dual Switch ( I have a Kemper dual switch from Kemper )

Switch Ring : Looper Start

Switch Tip : Looper Stop

It sounds like you may have the switches set up properly in the System settings. I just saw that you are using a Kemper switch. However, it's possible your dual switch is not compatible with the Profiler. The switches must be normally open. The switches must be momentary contact.

The user interface (visual cues) for the looper is on the Remote LCD. If you don't have the Remote, there are no visual cues on the Profiler, even if the looper is running. This is no worse than using a one-button looper (e.g., TC Electronic Ditto).

Unlike the Line 6 Helix, you don't have to dedicate a block to the Looper. You can disable the Effects Loop you set up. You don't need it to use the Looper.

If you are using the looper to audition Rigs set the Looper Location to Input. You can do this in the System settings page [12/18]. Toggle the soft button at the top right of the display.

Assuming you have set the first switch to Looper Play and the second switch to Looper Stop.

Tap the first switch to start recording. Play something.

Tap the first switch to stop recording and play the loop.

Tap the second switch to stop playing the loop.

Tap the first switch to resume playing the loop

Tap the first switch again (while playing) to overdub

Tap the second switch three times to stop and clear the loop.

• :S;(

The page [12/18] is greyed :S

• :S;(

The page [12/18] is greyed :S

Aha - of course - page [12/18] is for the Remote settings. It's greyed out because you don't have a Remote connected.

EDIT - Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output

I don't know how to change the Looper Location without the Remote attached.

The Looper was always a feature that can only be fully implemented and used with the Kemper Remote. Using external switches gives you more flexibility with the Remote. But the switches don't replace the Remote.

• The Looper was always a feature that can only be fully implemented and used with the Kemper Remote. Using external switches gives you more flexibility with the Remote. But the switches don't replace the Remote.

not sure i understand, i have been using the looper when traveling without any issues with a Roland FS-6 without the Kemper remote. This gives me all the function of the first two switches on the remote which for me is enough to play almost exactly like when i'm using the remote. The only feature from the other 3 remote switches i miss is the half speed but other than that i find it more practical than the Ditto which btw i haven't touched since i got the K.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• Hi Stickman,

I think we're in agreement. "The Looper was always a feature that can only be fully implemented and used with the Kemper Remote."

I use the Looper with the Roland FS-6 too. However, as you said, only the most rudimentary functions are available ("enough to make it work".)

I use the half-speed function to double the 30-second loop time so I can loop a 60-second phrase. As you noted, this option isn't available without the Remote.

I haven't figure out how to change the Looper Location setting if you don't have a Remote connected.

• Using the Looper live, I have the Looper Location set to Output,
      BUT
    • For auditioning Rigs and Effects, I need the Looper Location set to Input.

EDIT - Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output

• OK, sadly,

Edited once, last by Algado ().

• Algado.

I understand your disappointment, but the looper was never promised as a feature of the Profiler (without the Remote).

The Looper was released as an exclusive feature of the Remote (and later the Stage).

Note the edit to my post above: EDIT - Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output.

This means you should be able to use the looper to audition rigs and effects.

Please consider removing the profanity in your last post. I don't want to be associated with it.

Thank you.

ST

• You are drawing and spreading wrong conclusions! Focus on connecting and setting up the external switches correctly instead.

Looper Start/Playback/Overdub and Looper Stop can be triggered with external momentary switches (normally open) even if no Remote is connected.

• You are drawing and spreading wrong conclusions! Focus on connecting and setting up the external switches correctly instead.

Looper Start/Playback/Overdub and Looper Stop can be triggered with external momentary switches (normally open) even if no Remote is connected.

What will be displayed when starting the looper? (On Kemper Head display)

EDIT : I finally understand nothing is displayed ?(

Edited once, last by Algado ().

• Do not work.

Due to the absence of the Remote, these options should be grayed out, since it is not possible to configure and use the integrated looper without the remote.

Hi, Algado.

Without a Remote connected

Even though page [12/18] is greyed out, you can change the Looper Location from Input to Output

The fourth soft button (top right above the display) is still active even though the screen is greyed out.

Light Off = Looper Location Input

Light On = Looper Location Output

This works as I described above.

Looper Start/Playback/Overdub and Looper Stop can be triggered with external momentary switches (normally open) even if no Remote is connected. And you can set the Looper Location to Input or Output.

I have nothing to add concerning the Aux Input setting.

• OK, it works, but for me, because nothing is on the screen, I have to cancel ability to use the integrated looper in my config. Thanks

• Hi, Algado.

OK, it works, but for me, because nothing is on the screen, I have to cancel ability to use the integrated looper in my config. Thanks

Even without an indicator on the screen, you can still use it like a simple two-button looper pedal. It might take some concentration to use it live, but in a live situation, I assume you wouldn't be watching the display on the Profiler anyway.

For auditioning Presets and Effects, it works fine.

ST