Kemper Kabinet buzzing at higher volumes.

• Hi guys. I got the Kabinet in April and have always played at low volumes in a small apartment. Very happy with it.

Yesterday I turned it up a bit more than usual and got this farting/ buzzing noise. The B on the 6th string was the worst. Bass boost made it worse.

I took the back off and tightened the speaker screws and all the others ( bracing screws, handle, feet..)

Problem persists. I have emailed support but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks

• Hi,

I have the same issue. At first tightening all the screws seems to have fixed it but now it has returned. It seems to resonate at certain frequencies. 14th position on the b-string is worst for me. At first I thought other things in my studio were resonating but it's definitely the Kabinet after trying it in different rooms.

I've contacted Kemper support yesterday as I think it might be a manufacturing problem.

• Hi,

I have the same issue. At first tightening all the screws seems to have fixed it but now it has returned. It seems to resonate at certain frequencies. 14th position on the b-string is worst for me. At first I thought other things in my studio were resonating but it's definitely the Kabinet after trying it in different rooms.

I've contacted Kemper support yesterday as I think it might be a manufacturing problem.

Interesting....

I have also been moving things around. Taking stuff out of the room, putting the Kab outside the room, using looper and looking for the origin....

Definitely resonating at certain frequencies as well, but I cant pinpoint it.

I cant discard it being a resonance in the room, but it also seems to come out of the Kabinet... Maybe in my case its both and they feed on to each other... I dunno...:wacko:

• Mmmm... strange its doing it on such a high note. Mine is definitely related to low frequencies.

I've just done a few more tests and although at a certain volume EVERYTHING in the room starts to rattle, the kabinet is definitely to blame for what I'm hearing.

Lets see what support says :thumbup: