Alternate Tuning not as a Stomp

• I've got it locked in stomp A, then it stays detuned even when you change rigs. It's worth giving up an effect slot for.

This is how I have mine set up as well (Stage). Additionally, I have Stomp A assigned to the Looper button so I can easily change from standard tuning to Eb whenever needed. I don't use the Looper so that button assignment works best for me.

Because it is locked, it will stay in whichever tuning you have selected, no matter which rig or performance you change to.

(i.e. if it's in Eb, it will stay in Eb throughout any rig and/or performance changes until you switch it back on/off).

I was looking for the same solution that the OP is asking for, and this is the best workaround I've been able to come up with.

Yes, it still occupies a Stomp slot, but with assigning it to the Looper button, I still have the I-IV switches fully available.

• so you have all 4 of your pre-amp effects available and the transpose assigned to the looper? Do you have to lock it? Or can I just click it whenever I want to change the half step tuning?

• so you have all 4 of your pre-amp effects available and the transpose assigned to the looper? Do you have to lock it? Or can I just click it whenever I want to change the half step tuning?

No. I have the Transpose in preamp slot A.

But I have the toggle assigned to the Looper footswitch so it is not occupying any of the

I-IV footswitches on the Stage.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only way to use it like you want...but of course it is at the cost of using a preamp slot.

in order to control the transpose effect with a switch you need to assign it to one of the stomp modules which leaves you with 7 more effects that you can use in a rig. You can also use the transpose function in the rig menu. That does not need a stomp slot but is not controllable with a switch. In that case simply create a copy of the rig with the desired transpose value and switch between them. These are the options available.

• in order to control the transpose effect with a switch you need to assign it to one of the stomp modules which leaves you with 7 more effects that you can use in a rig. You can also use the transpose function in the rig menu. That does not need a stomp slot but is not controllable with a switch. In that case simply create a copy of the rig with the desired transpose value and switch between them. These are the options available.

Okay cool thanks. so what I am requesting/suggesting if at all possible would be to make transpose available, but not as a stomp

• If you're considering global transpose control, could you please make a midi comand as well ?

parameters in the rig menu are never global (except the volume pedal settings if Vol.Ped.Lock is activated) but are stored with the rig. BTW my comment never implied that we are considering anything.

• you are requesting to make transpose in the rig menu controllable by a switch to be precise since it is already available there.

Yes, that is precise. For instance, I have my Rig A. I've got 4 pre amp stomps and my FX loop stomps all set up/occupied. I want to be able to use this rig between E and Eb. So I somehow would need to assign the Transpose to a separate button (lets use looper for now), so I can just hit the looper button and change the rig tuning.

• Whether ots worth ot or not is personal preference bit it’s cerainly cheaper than trying to find an old Steinberger with a Transtrem. Ned managed to do zero latency transposing way back in the 80’s without tying up an effect slot ? Damn, I wish I could afford one of those things now.

I still have my original GL2TA, and yes, the TransTrem comes in VERY handy.