Effects loop not working (solved)

• Hi all, am on the public beta 8.0.3.27302B and have been using a boss synth in the effects loop. This stopped working this evening and it displays the message “Effect loop not possible! Aux input is used. Any ideas?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Yup. Still there. I was reamping using the spdif input recently and I wonder if that has k packed things out. I’ve opened a ticket.

• Hi, Morph,

“Effect loop not possible! Aux input is used"

Edit: Never mind. I checked - that's not the problem.

Check the Output settings Page [1/8]

Maybe you have accidentally set your Monitor Output to Stereo.

Is that it?

ST

• It sort of was. As I was scrolling through the output sections in rig manager on the mac, the cursor was over the aux settings and instead of scrolling down the outputs, I inadvertently turned on the auxes. I just had to roll them off again. Burkhard got back to my query really quickly. Thanks so much for your prompt responses as well

• Hi, Morph.

I'm glad you got things working again. Please tell us how you got rid of “Effect loop not possible! Aux input is used."

I can't make it happen, (or make it go away), and I'd really like to understand this better.

Thank you!

ST

• The aux inputs are in the output section of rig manager underneath the spdif output. Make sure they’re all set to zero.
    I had accidentally turned mine on while trying to scroll up and down through the menus using the touchpad on my mac because the cursor was over the aux input controls when I scrolled.

• I'm getting this error also “Effect loop not possible". I'm using 8.0.5 SPPIF is off and the aux in's are all zero. Can't put a loop in any slot.

have you already tried turning all of the 3 controls on the Aux in page to the very left to make sure that they are really at 0.0? Alternatively try to use the "Init Globals" function.

• have you already tried turning all of the 3 controls on the Aux in page to the very left to make sure that they are really at 0.0? Alternatively try to use the "Init Globals" function.

They were all set at 0.0 and I turned all 3 up and back down. Now it's working. But I had already tried that a few times prior. IDK? It appears to be working now though.

• I put the looper in the "stomp" section and not the effects section and now my chorus pedal works. Do you have to use the effects section for stereo loops only?

ive had similar issues elsewhere with no answer regarding a looper in the fx loop. I get a big volume drop if fx loop placed in the effects side, but in the stomps the pedal works as it should

• While we're on the subject. I was trying to place my effects loop in the x or mod slot because I was using a chorus and delay pedal and I wanted them after the amp. Which did not work at all. I had to put it in one of the first 4 stomp slots to work. If you want to use say a phaser and you want it before the amp do you have to use A,B,C,or D stomp slot? Or is that what the mix:pre/Post is for? Confusing.