Can I connect my monitors through the headphone out? - solved

• Hello, I might have a stupid question. Can I connect my monitors Alesis Elevate 5 MK2 to the headphone out? The monitors have an audio cable RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack, which enables me to connect my computer to the monitors. Could I connect the monitors via this cable (and a reduction to 6,3mm jack) to the headphone out? I might get lazy sometime and I would not want to reconnect my whole setup. Thanks for your answers.

• In principle, yes,. But the HEADPHONE OUT is a bit less flexible (e.g. no Output Source setting) and an additional amplifier stage in the chain. I suggest to afford a couple of TS cables and plug either into the MAIN OUTS or the MONITOR OUT. If you own a Head or Stage, activate Monitor Stereo in the Output Section and use MONITOR OUT plus DIRECT OUT.

• Yeah, I am aware of that. I would primarily use the Kemper with my Focusrite going to a DAW for recording etc. This solution will not be my primary connection. I wanted to be sure that I would not damage my device. Thank you for your answer.