NAMM 2021 Kemper?

• Are there any NAMM 2021 Kemper News?

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• No news is good news for those of us that already have a Kemper!

Not if they roll out new features in OS updates for free! I'm starting to wonder what else in the world could they add to the kemper that they already haven't added, that the existing hardware could support? All that to say, I'm surprised the Namm seems to have snuck up on all of us. haven't seen any threads about it. I hadn't even crossed my mind until Sweetwater emailed me about Namm sneak peaks. I wonder if there's an actual Namm, or if it's just virtual?

• If you look at Musicradar - plenty of new gear press releases from Fender and the usual suspects. It has been 18 months since the stage was released so perhaps there will be further announcements in this period or maybe later in the northern summer.

• Not if they roll out new features in OS updates for free! I'm starting to wonder what else in the world could they add to the kemper that they already haven't added, that the existing hardware could support? All that to say, I'm surprised the Namm seems to have snuck up on all of us. haven't seen any threads about it. I hadn't even crossed my mind until Sweetwater emailed me about Namm sneak peaks. I wonder if there's an actual Namm, or if it's just virtual?

They could add more plenty more --more distortions and OD's, a freqout stomp, stereo phasers, and stereo flangers, parallel rigs for added stereo fun. They could also design a new kemper that profiles the entire amp from knob 0 - 10, and has a built-in interface. They could also make a 4x12 Kab (which is probably coming soon).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• They could add more plenty more --more distortions and OD's, a freqout stomp, stereo phasers, and stereo flangers, parallel rigs for added stereo fun. They could also design a new kemper that profiles the entire amp from knob 0 - 10, and has a built-in interface. They could also make a 4x12 Kab (which is probably coming soon).

The phasers and flangers are already stereo.

I think CK said parallel rigs isn’t possible with the current hardware.

its fun to speculate so here are my thoughts;

I don’t think they have any interest in being a speaker cabinet manufacturer. They probably sell many more Kones than Kabinets.

The only way to capture the range of controls would require modelling rather than profiles. Therefore, why not just start with a model in the first place? Fractal etc already have that covered. The Kemper’s USP is how it captures a faithful snapshot of a signal chain.

• Or maybe nothing new this year from the kemper team? 2020 brought us the kone and the kemper drive. I mean it's already a complete guitar machine. I'm happy as it is.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Or maybe nothing new this year from the kemper team?

I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a Kemper Kombo, although it might be a bit costly as an "all-in one" package (including Remote). Reasons for my wild guess:

1. If they were to come up just with an active Kabinet, they could have easily done it already. Just stick an ICEpower inside, add an IEC connector, a Line In jack and a volume pot.
    2. It would likely add a bit of confusion because they would have to enable the Kone Imprints option for regular Line Outs (at least for the Monitor Out)
    3. For a Kemper Kombo to be practical, it would require a set including the Kemper Remote. With the current price structure, I would expect this to happen in the 2400+ Euros range. Maybe they struggle to cut it down to just below 2000 Euros to make it feasible for the market?
  • I would really like a powered Kabinet. I thought they spoke about this product before, and said it was on the way?

1. This could be, but I don't now how much production they have at the moment. Maybe they are struggling to deliver enough Kones and passive Kabinets, that the production of an active Kabinet is delayed?
    2. This confusion is already there, for example on the Stage through a power amp and Kone
    3. This is quite the pricey Kombination (pun intended), I doubt if there is a market for this. Most of use (at least me) use the Kemper not only with a speaker, but a lot to record with. With a powered Kabinet attached, this would be quite the hassle.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a Kemper Kombo, although it might be a bit costly as an "all-in one" package (including Remote). Reasons for my wild guess:

1. If they were to come up just with an active Kabinet, they could have easily done it already. Just stick an ICEpower inside, add an IEC connector, a Line In jack and a volume pot.
    2. It would likely add a bit of confusion because they would have to enable the Kone Imprints option for regular Line Outs (at least for the Monitor Out)
    3. For a Kemper Kombo to be practical, it would require a set including the Kemper Remote. With the current price structure, I would expect this to happen in the 2400+ Euros range. Maybe they struggle to cut it down to just below 2000 Euros to make it feasible for the market?

Oohhhh I like your thinking ;)

• I would really like a powered Kabinet. I thought they spoke about this product before, and said it was on the way?

1. This could be, but I don't now how much production they have at the moment. Maybe they are struggling to deliver enough Kones and passive Kabinets, that the production of an active Kabinet is delayed?
    2. This confusion is already there, for example on the Stage through a power amp and Kone
    3. This is quite the pricey Kombination (pun intended), I doubt if there is a market for this. Most of use (at least me) use the Kemper not only with a speaker, but a lot to record with. With a powered Kabinet attached, this would be quite the hassle.

There is clear demand for a powered Kabinet. As I assume they don;t produce themselves, it shouldn't interfere with product development...so why the delay? I like lightbox 's theory :)

• Wild guess

They button up the od and distortion bits,

Maybe add a synth or two,

Some other things like the freq out,

And whatever else I can't think of.

Then drop some teasers for something really big and new for Summer NAMM to release the full trailer for NAMM 2022.

• Stereo flanger and phaser stomps that jets left to right, Wheresthedug I don't want to waste a slot using a Leslie to do it.

The current ones do move across the stereo spectrum a little. I don't hear a massive difference from adding the Leslie to it. However, if you really want it to be able to "jet" from left to right use the Tremolo after the Flanger with tremolo speed at its slowest setting .

• Right now I'm seriously considering a Seymour Duncan PS700 and one or two Kabinets, but I'd rather buy a 2x12 powered Kabinet for my Kemper Profiler Stage. So that's my wish... powered Kabinet (plus 2x12 would be awesome).

Anyway, I'm afraid Murphy's Law will accomplish and Kemper will release a powered Kabinet only at the very moment I buy the Seymour Duncan PS700 and one or two current Kabinets... ;)