Nobels ODR-1: has anyone been able to get close using the Kemper stomps?

• So what I am trying to achieve is what I would call a transparent overdrive: I want the drive to add distortion, but not change the overall tone of the profile. So far, I have only been able to get this with the Pure Booster. But, to get any significant breakup, the volume on the Pure Booster has to be so high that it causes a large jump in volume when engaged.

So I have been trying to get this with the new drives and the best I have come up with are these:

Full OC:

HP/LP: LP

Drive 5

Tone 5.0 - 6.0

Mix 60% and up

Volume +4.0 ( and down as the Mix goes up)

Kemper Drive:

Drive 7.6

Tone 5.4 - 6.0

Definition 0.0

Slim Down 0.0

Mix 78%

Volume -0.6

This is pretty close, but similar to the ODR-1, there is an increase in bottom that I can't get rid of.

Any feed back on those would be welcome as would any settings or tricks you have come up with.

Thanks,

Kevin

Be Thankful.

• You could try the soft shaper instead of the pure boost. It's a soft clipping effect - just volume and gain. That could possibly work for you.

• why not try a real pedal in front of kemper. i use 5 different pedals in front. od 808, rat original, fortin 33 clone, 68 tonebender clone,super modded fuzz face they all sound great in front

• So what I am trying to achieve is what I would call a transparent overdrive: I want the drive to add distortion, but not change the overall tone of the profile.

I can pretty much guarantee you that the ODR-1 uses HP and LP shaping, most likely pre clipping and also tone shaping post clipping (the Tone knob)

Simply increase the gain of the PROFILE - it's the most neutral (probably a better term than 'transparent') overdrive there is.