Kemper Australian warranty claim

• Hello,

I've had my Kemper stage for just under 1 year and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, the bank up and down buttons are no longer registering. I contacted Kemper and they rapidly got back to me letting me know it's a likely hardware issue and to contact their Australian distributor, Innovative Music. I started the process and was about to send the form off but some terms and conditions popped up. Of these, two items caught my attention:

1. The product must be shipped and packaged with all original cables and accessories in its original packaging. &

2. The warranty will not apply if the product is found to be:

• Damaged or not maintained in a reasonable manner or as recommended in the relevant Product's Owner's Manual.
      Note: A Manufacturing Defect is defined as a defect in the performance of the product as described and published by the manufacturer and does not include damage caused by post-purchase transportation, storage or careless handling, nor damage caused by misuse.;

Firstly, I threw out the original packaging. I can't see why I would keep it, other than for this exact reason. Secondly, I accidentally dropped my phone onto the unit, and there is now an obvious ring of dead pixels on the screen. Would this constitute as damage voiding my warranty, even though the original bank button problem was occurring before-hand?

If anyone has any experience with innovative music and their warranty claims I'd love to hear from you. I will probably give them a call tomorrow to ask, but I'm not feeling hopeful. It really stinks, as this is an expensive piece of gear that isn't working as it should, and it is essentially a dud for me without the bank switch functionality (I can live with the dead pixels on the screen).

Thanks for any and all thoughts and experiences on the matter :)

• G'day TSasquatch... I have dealt with them (twice) and they are very fine fellows = thorough and professional.

Knowing what I know and based on my experience I don't think you will have any issues.

My problem (both times) was an ex-warranty broken RJ jack in the back of my Rack.

I was impressed and the turnaround was very quick. Communication was thorough and easy.

• I've dealt with Steve Lincoln-Smith and his wife Julie for decades (it's their business) and can vouch for their authenticity as people.

They will look after you. If you have any problems feel free to let me know and I'll call them and put in a good word for you, but as I'm suggesting, I'd not worry or anticipate any hiccups.

On top of this, Kemper's service is excellent and it only wants the best-possible outcomes for its customers, so for the life of me I can't foresee any problem.

• Hey all, thanks for your responses!

Just an update, and for anyone who may look at this in the future.

I called innovative music this afternoon and they were super helpful. The original packaging is more in regard for returns, so whatever packaging you do yourself is fine. The screen wasn’t an issue at all, in fact they said they would replace it if they had a spare part lying around.

10/10 would recommend. :)