Distorsion stomps have all weird sounds

• When I choose rigs built from cranked amps, that sound natural, some kind of consistent sound, all the "details" of the sound work in a very harmonious way. But when I use overdrive /distortion from the effects part, It seems to me like I get the original sound and some crappy noise in the same time. I watched guys on YT setting nice sounds using stomps. There's surely something wrong in my settings ... :/

• For my tastes, the distorted amp profiles always sound better than any of the distortion stomps. Try using the Pure Booster to drive the profile harder.

Be Thankful.

Edited once, last by kevinduren: clarified "amp profiles" as opposed to "amps" ().

• Im totally an amp gain person partially for this reason. I've never been able to balance the edge of break up sound with an OD pedal and get pleasing results with a valve amp.

Ironically I've been getting more success with the KPA but not heard any weird issues. couple of things to check out:

1) Try with different profiles ( Im sure you've done this)

2) No strange noise gate interaction?

3) you are using it in the "pre" section not post?

4) You on the latest version - some changes were made around volume compensation. Probably not related but worth a check?

Otherwise suggest you post some sound clips so others can try to understand if its "normal".

• V8guitar mention of

"pre" section not post

(which I think means put the distortion before the stack) made me remember to mention something that I just discovered: changing the stack eq position from post to pre makes a significant difference in tone. This is not really related to the distortion stomps, but does make a difference in tone.

Be Thankful.