Lock button assignable to foot switch

• On the Kemper Stage, it would be awesome if, on the next firmware update, the LOCK button on/off was made assignable to a foot switch. For live use, I’d probable assign it to the LOOPER foot switch.
    Example- You have a performance with 5 different slots. You want a delay stomp on all of them but you don’t want it set to on because you may want those 5 tones without delay. However when it IS on, you want it to STAY on when you go to a different slot ( so you don’t have to tap dance and turn it on with each slot). Currently the only way I’m aware of to do this is by engaging LOCK. However, with LOCK on, if you bank up or down to another performance all of the effects are locked so they are the same as the original performance. Maybe you want all different effects on this performance. So you have to kneel down and unlock all of the effects before banking so they aren’t copied to the next performance.
    If the LOCK button were assignable to a foot switch you could unlock it on the foot switch, bank to a different performance where You could have all different effects. Then lock again with foot switch. Just a thought.

Since the Stage is made for live use, for players like me who may use different performances, it would keep me from constantly kneeling to lock/unlock when changing performances. Thank you for reading.

• Basically good idea but there must be a certain logic of what to lock. In your case it is just effects. Currently the user has to decide upfront what to lock (cab, stack). So a bit of complexity added.

• Basically good idea but there must be a certain logic of what to lock. In your case it is just effects. Currently the user has to decide upfront what to lock (cab, stack). So a bit of complexity added.

Just to avoid misunderstandings: It is already possible to lock individual effect slots but the problem is you can’t have them locked in one Performance and then have the same slots unlocked or with other effects and settings in another Performance. So a Lock-fuction that can be saved per Performance would solve many problems.

• Maybe I am wrong but u still have to decide what effects or other parameters from what preset to lock right? For me a flexible lock would make sense but then u have to decide what to lock upfront. When just locking the effect status maybe it would also be a great option to have the delay on but with the delay assigned to the rig within the performance. So many possibilities.