What are your favourite rigs by Commercial Profilers?

• There is a similar thread for the Rig Exchange but I couldn't find one for commercial profiles, forgive me if there is one.

Post your favorite commercial profiles here, if you can please name the specific profiles and the way you use them, ie... - FRFR, studio, headphones, FOH etc... Thanks!!

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

Edited 2 times, last by sstauffer ().

• Many options out there but for vintage tones I like the Lucky Lady Vintage Guitar pack. Tweeds and a JTM-45 captured quite nicely in my opinion. Will have to sift through my sea of profiles in regards to gainy or more modern type amps and report back.

• These are my 2 biggest standouts so far:

Michael Britt's Colonial Pack. In a league of its own IMHO if you like that woody, organic cock-rock sound.

Bert's Bell & Howell Filmosound '50s projector amp. It's called the "Filmo Pack". Arguably the best cleans I've ever heard, and the edge-of-breakup and crunch are sublime too.

• Nice pictures Nicky, totally agree on Bert's Filmo Pack. So cool to rock with a film projector. Love that sound especially the break up tones :thumbup:8)

For various rock styles I would add Michael Britt's Crank N Go pack to the list and especially the 5153s (the 50W even more than the 100W) as well as the Soldanos in it...

• Bert M. and Britt provide quite a few gems! Some cleanish profiles by TJunkie too. I am enjoying some recent free profiles by Matt too, particularly a Buddha profile that cleans up nicely

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Monkey_Man ok so firstly I do love Bert's stuff. BUT I didn't have this pack but bought it last night as breu does amazing stuff and I also respect your opinion, so I just had to try it.

So, I'm playing through a 2-Rock 1x12 with a les paul style guitar with splittable buckers, and I've gotta say for cleans the pack is awesome, BUT I'm Loving it more for the breakup tones. The highest gain it has is around 1/2 on the Kemper dial, and for blues or even rock (think AC/DC amount of gain) this pack is incredible.

Basically, anything you want from amazing cleans through to the above mentioned gain levels, I definitely recommend this pack.

• ... breu does amazing stuff and I also respect your opinion, so I just had to try it.

Thank you for taking the "chance" and trusting us, brother.

... I've gotta say for cleans the pack is awesome, BUT I'm Loving it more for the breakup tones. The highest gain it has is around 1/2 on the Kemper dial, and for blues or even rock (think AC/DC amount of gain) this pack is incredible.

Seems you agree then. Awesome bro'. 8)

Arguably the best cleans I've ever heard, and the edge-of-breakup and crunch are sublime too.

I reckon this sort of thing is exactly what this thread was intended to uncover. It's a "hidden gem", not just 'cause it sounds great, but also because it's the sort of thing that's likely to fly under the radar when peeps are searching for particular amps, the "typical" scenario. It wouldn't occur to many that an old-school film projector could deliver the goods.

• Rick Beato's SL Plex is my secret weapon of choice. This pack has my very favourite profile of them all. And believe in me, there has been more than a few.

https://flatfiv.co/collections…s/sl-plex-kemper-profiles

-Jari

Thank you for taking the "chance" and trusting us, brother.

Seems you agree then. Awesome bro'. 8)

I reckon this sort of thing is exactly what this thread was intended to uncover. It's a "hidden gem", not just 'cause it sounds great, but also because it's the sort of thing that's likely to fly under the radar when peeps are searching for particular amps, the "typical" scenario. It wouldn't occur to many that an old-school film projector could deliver the goods.

This is exactly what I was hoping for thank you all for sharing, there are so many to choose from but it's nice to hear what other people have already vetted and are using. So far here are my favs.

Previously mentions by Monkey Man M Britt's Colonial Pack - the one I use is Colonial 1.7 - nice clean tones.

The Amp Factory's 44-Deluxe BP+ - I use this one the most - cleans up nice and give you good rock tones.

• Thanks for the link! Which one if your "very favorite"?

SL PLEXI 2 25WGB or SL Plex 3 25wGB RB EQ, I'm not sure anymore... damn, I've been using that profile for a long time but I still cannot remember the exact name. I'll check it later.

Edit: I checked: it's SL PLEXI 2 25WGB.

-Jari

Edited 2 times, last by jperttu: Memory refreshed. ().

• SL PLEXI 2 25WGB or SL Plex 3 25wGB RB EQ, I'm not sure anymore... damn, I've been using that profile for a long time but I still cannot remember the exact name. I'll check it later.

Edit: I checked: it's SL PLEXI 2 25WGB.

-Jari

Thanks, I will check it out,

• I tried the free Filmo profile on the Free Kemper Rig Pack and I am digging it, I'm going to buy the pack. I might try his lead and rhythm packs as well.

• I've gone thru so many free and commercial profiles/pack with 5150, Peavy or Fender version, but none has better than Max GoldLionStudios EVH5150. Everything from rock-metal works great. And the profiles sounds killer with all my guitars. Not many that do, free or commercial.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The Amp Factory's Trainwreck pack. This was one of the first profiles I bought. I'm pretty much a high gain Marshall guy (which this certainly isn't) but I could not live without these profiles. They're the best sounding profiles for single coils I've played through, the touch sensitvity is.... well just try it.

He states on his site that the amp is owned by a rather famous guitarist who he doesn't want to name, but then I've seen him mention his name on this forum before, I don't think I'm being too cryptic in saying he could well be "the" most famous Kemper user ?.

I'm sounding like an ad now, but for £4.99 I'd (almost) buy this pack for everyone reading this.

I'm that impressed by this profile that I'm now keeping my eye out for a Ceriatone Trainwreck clone, so much for Kemper curing GAS

• I'm that impressed by this profile that I'm now keeping my eye out for a Ceriatone Trainwreck clone, so much for Kemper curing GAS

I bought an Express direct from Nik at Ceriatone back in 2009 and that was my go to live rig for a number of years. Superb amp if you can live without an fx loop and great value too.