Beringher Fcb1010 e Pedal Pitch Shifter

• Hi everyone, I assigned the Pitch Shifter from my Kemper to my Fcb1010 to pedal A but I often have to calibrate it because it doesn't go back to 0 ... from the maximum expression 127 when I bring the pedal back to 0 it stays at 8/9 and obviously the guitar tuning does not return ..... what can I do? thanks

• Hi mannoale and Welcome!

when I bring the pedal back to 0 it stays at 8/9

I had the same problem and I've solved in this way:

when you Calibrate the pedal A (orB) on FCB1010, Give it a minimum value of 9 or 10!

and if You please do the same on the other side:

I mean if the Full range of the paedal is from 0 to 127, give it the minimum value at 10 and the maximum value at 120.

(FCB use numbers and letters to define the pedal position but I think you got the message)

You are reducing the range But You'll not have any issue when the pedal is full on toe or full back on heel.

Then You can also check if Your KPA see the pedal's position in the right way at page 5/18 of the System Menu (long press of SYSTEM soft button to access the Sytem Menu then use the PAGE soft button to move)

• Hi everyone, I assigned the Pitch Shifter from my Kemper to my Fcb1010 to pedal A but I often have to calibrate it because it doesn't go back to 0 ... from the maximum expression 127 when I bring the pedal back to 0 it stays at 8/9 and obviously the guitar tuning does not return ..... what can I do? thanks

The 1010 pedals are really cheaply made, hence problems with calibration. The easiest option is to buy a cheap expression pedal such as the Nektar NX-P. or even better buy 2!

• Many users experience problems with the expression pedal range on new FCB1010's, in which one or both pedals do not transmit a full range of controller values from 0-127 (0x00-0x7F). the way to fix this is to follow the steps outlined below.

1. Keep footswitches 1 and 3 pressed while switching on the unit (This bit you can't do standing up!). Release the switches when the display blanks. The LEDs on the footswitches, the ones on the display and each segment of the two numeric displays will turn on and off in sequence.

2. Wait until all footswitch LEDs are on. Depress all footswitches one at a time, including UP and DOWN, until all LEDs are off.

3. Wait until relay switch test is finished. (There will be a couple of mechanical clicks, and the display will end up reading "F1" (at least, it did on mine)). [Also, if you have connected a MIDI cable between the MIDI in and out, the display will show "A1" before this, meaning the midi ports work correctly.]

4. Press DOWN once.

5. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.

6. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.

7. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.

8. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.

9. Select a patch which has both pedals set to their full range, and check the expression pedals now send 0-127 (0x00-0x7F)

1. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.

2. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.

3. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.

4. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.

5. Select a patch which has both pedals set to their full range, and check the expression pedals now send 0-127 (0x00-0x7F)

do Not set them to the Lowest or Higer possible value or You may have the same problem again.

As I suggested ..reduce the pedal range a bit on Fbc, Dont worry, This will not reduce the pedals extension on KPA.