Powered head and Dunlop GCB-95 wahpedal

• I have an issue with my Dunlop GCB-95 wah pedal. This is connected to the front input of my Power head. With the wah-pedal idle my clean rigs sound the way they are meant to be. But stepping on the wah pedal the output led on the profiler immediately turns red. Since this wah pedal has no gain or volume I don’t understand the harshed distorted wah sound. Clean sense 0.0, distortion sense 0.0. All eq 0.0. amp vol. 0.0 The wah-pedal itself is OK. Any one an idea?

• I assume you've checked the obvious input and output leads?

Many times I've plugged them in the wrong way round...Otherwise sounds like a faulty Wah.

I would encourage you to use the built in one to eliminate noise, batteries, click on and off etc...

• I've tried the built in wah's but they still sound more artificial to me than the pedal version. It must be possible to sound as anyone with such a pedal and an amp. I used to play that way before the Kemper era...

And I don't use batteries. Always a power adapter. What do you mean with the input and output leads? I only checked the clean en distorted sense.

• I've tried the built in wah's but they still sound more artificial to me than the pedal version. It must be possible to sound as anyone with such a pedal and an amp. I used to play that way before the Kemper era...

And I don't use batteries. Always a power adapter. What do you mean with the input and output leads? I only checked the clean en distorted sense.

Yes of course you can get a crybaby to sound like a functioning crybaby, my point was crybaby's are inherently noisy and tone sucking. I used to mod them with true bypass and changing fasel's, wah plate etc. to try and improve them.

Hence it sounds faulty but by using the in built one gets rid of all of that and in my opinion ( especially using the Wah presets) sounds as good/better. Not use where you get the artificial feel from but each to their own.

• Yes of course you can get a crybaby to sound like a functioning crybaby, my point was crybaby's are inherently noisy and tone sucking. I used to mod them with true bypass and changing fasel's, wah plate etc. to try and improve them.

Hence it sounds faulty but by using the in built one gets rid of all of that and in my opinion ( especially using the Wah presets) sounds as good/better. Not use where you get the artificial feel from but each to their own.

Unfortunately I'm not that of a technical engineer to mod them like you can. I'll give it another try with those Wah presets. For this I used a Boss FV-500H expression pedal before to experience but this is some time ago. I will see if there are new and better sounding presets now. Thanks!

BTW, does it has to be put in a certain place in the chain? Or does it come random and is it not changeable?

• Unfortunately I'm not that of a technical engineer to mod them like you can. I'll give it another try with those Wah presets. For this I used a Boss FV-500H expression pedal before to experience but this is some time ago. I will see if there are new and better sounding presets now. Thanks!

BTW, does it has to be put in a certain place in the chain? Or does it come random and is it not changeable?

i hasten to add I'm not technical engineer, I'm an idiot with a soldering Iron :). The only point I was trying to make was that crybaby's are the industry standard but they still have issues IMO and I spent a lot of time trying to resolve that.

You do need the wah set up correctly and as suggested I put mine in slot A. The wah presets are also really a game changer for me so defo seek those out. DonPetersen put them together I think?

Do give them another chance as for me they are better than the original crybaby because they have the sound plus address those issues...