New overdrives in OS 8.0.5, but i don't see them?

• Got a mail from Kemper about new overdrives in OS 8.0.5 like TS808, Klon Centaur, Marshall Bluesbreaker etc. But I don't see them in the internal menu in the Kemper nor in the software. Am I missing something? I have my Kemper running on 8.0.5.23861.

• Hi, munkeinl,

On the Profiler

Add a Stomp

Type: Distortion

Browse through until you find Kemper Drive

Scroll through the Presets. You should see

808 Max

808 Mid

B Breaker Max

Horizon

King

Klon

OR

Browse through until you find Full OC

Scroll through the Presets

• ^^

Or if you do that and they're still not there, you can download all the factory effects presets on the rig exchange. I remember once having to manually update the presets, I forget which update caused us to have to do that, think maybe it was the reverbs? I don't know. So that means deleting all the effects presets on your Kemper through the Rig Manager, and then downloading all the factory effects presets, and then copying those to your Kemper. My Rig Manager kept hanging if I tried to move more than 20 at a time so I had to do it in many smaller operations.

• You'll find more information in the Kemper Manual Addendum 8.0

If you don't see the Presets as I described above, download the Profiler Operating System 8.x.x Release

Unzip the download file.

There's a Folder New Kemper Drive and Full OC Presets

12847-kemper-os-8-presets-jpg

Unzip all 26 files.

Install them using Rig Manager.

In RigManager, drag all the Preset files to All Presets.

12840-pasted-from-clipboard-png

• Got a mail from Kemper about new overdrives in OS 8.0.5 like TS808, Klon Centaur, Marshall Bluesbreaker etc. But I don't see them in the internal menu in the Kemper nor in the software. Am I missing something? I have my Kemper running on 8.0.5.23861.

I had to go on my USB stick and import the drive presets manually for some reason. They didn't show up for me neither at first.

-Jagg.

~ Marc.

• Following all the above direction, I can see the new drive presets in Rig Manger and can drag them into the profile editor but all that displays there as well as in the profiler itself is Kemper Drive, not which of the new Drive Presets is selected. Turning the Type or Browse dials on the profiler immediately navigate away from Kemper Drive as opposed to scrolling through the different presets themselves and allowing me to choose one and edit parameters. I can work around this easily enough but not really the ideal as, at first glance anyways, it forces me to have RM up and running in order to experiment with the various presets

• Hi, robmakesmusic.

Once you load a Preset using Rig Manager, its name is no longer displayed - just the values for the controls.

On the Profiler

Select a Stomp

Using the knobs under the display (from left to right, 1, 2, 3)

1 - Turn to Distortion

2 - Turn to Kemper Drive

3 - Turn to scroll through Presets

Once you find the Preset you want, press Exit

In the display, you will see the name of the Preset you are editing and you can then adjust the controls.

(e.g., loaded Preset Klon 1).

If you haven't already read the documentation about the Kemper Drive you can find it in the Kemper Manual Addendum 8.0.

You can also find it in Rig Manager.

The short version:

There is one Kemper Drive.

It has several controls (Drive, Tone, Definition, Slim Down)

There are several Kemper Presets (combinations of settings for the controls above).

You can read about how that works in the documentation.

• Thanks for the reply ST

I read it and understand the concept.

As it with a number of other aspects of the Kemper, it just doesn't seem to be optimized for the simplest functionality and access for the user. Unless I'm missing something, the fact remains, unless I have access to the presets via RM (I don't take my laptop to rehearsals for instance), I have to try to dial in the 'presets' manually. Just seems it would be better for users to have these available via the front panel controls.

• Hi, robmakesmusic.

It's easier to use the Profiler as I described in the steps above. (1, 2, 3).

You don't have to dial in the Presets manually. You can scroll through them using the third knob under the display (Presets) or the Browse knob (top right from the display).

• Hi, robmakesmusic.

It's easier to use the Profiler as I described in the steps above. (1, 2, 3).

You don't have to dial in the Presets manually. You can scroll through them using the third knob under the display (Presets) or the Browse knob (top right from the display).

I think this is where some misunderstanding may be taking place (likely my fault not explaining clearly or missing something).

The 3 knobs under the display (or 4 for the sake of clarity) only adjust Drive, Tone, Definition and Slim Down and, of course, I can toggle over to page 2 to adjust Mix and Volume.

The Browse knob does not take me to any of the various Presets, only through the list of different Drives (ie: DIST Metal Default followed by DIST Metal Lead followed by Kemper Drive then, immediately after that, Treble Booster), no mention of any of the various presets such as 808, Horizon, Klon etc).

• Hi, robmakesmusic.

If you aren't seeing the items in the yellow box below you missed a step, and the Kemper Drive Presets are not loaded on your Profiler.

Did you install the Presets as I described in New overdrives in OS 8.0.5, but i don't see them? above?

• Solved

I'll own this as it should have been obvious but I haven't worked with Presets much so I followed your steps exactly and neglected to add the portion I've bolded below...

Unzip all 26 files.

Install them using Rig Manager.

In RigManager, drag all the Preset files to MY PROFILER under All Presets.

• Thanks for letting us know you got things working.

Great!

Enjoy the Kemper Drive!

• Hi, munkienl,

First, check to see if the new Overdrive Presets are installed.

1. Under All Presets, click My Profiler.
    2. Click Date twice to sort by Date Descending.

If you see Types Full OC and Kemper Drive, then the Overdrive Presets are already installed on your Profiler.

If the Overdrive Presets are NOT installed.

1. Under All Presets | Preset Packs Click Kemper Factory Content 8.0
    2. Click Date twice to sort by Date Descending.
    3. Select everything of type Full OC and Kemper Drive
    4. Drag these Presets to All Presets | My Profiler

The Overdrive Presets should then be visible under All Presets | My Profiler, as shown in the first picture above.

The Overdrive Presets should also be visible on the Profiler.

Add a Stomp to a rig.

Set the Category to Kemper Drive

Browse through the Kemper Drive Presets

13706-kemper-drive-presets-jpg

Does that work for you?

ST