Buzz Noise Guitar

• Hi Kemper friends,

First of all, just a warning, lower the volume if you open the files, it's not musical, it's really just strumming + mute with a decent amount of gain.

So i receiver today a kemper, and to explain my situation:

-> I have a fender strat that was pretty much stopped for around 5 years. I have not changed strings or done any adjustments on the guitar yet. I do have a setup planned, but due to Covid-19 I will need to wait an entire month for my turn. I could do some adjustments myself, but i prefer if a professional does it, and i rather wait a little instead of spending some money now to spend again in 1 month.

1 of the strings is buzzing, and i think the guitar might have some issue on the jack cable input. It's a bit hard to connect the cable at times.

-> I have an even older guitar which is probably stopped for 10+ years.

I'm noticing a weird but annoying buzz on my Fender Guitar, and i would like to know if this is normal of a guitar that needs setup or if it's not guitar related. I recorded a small clip with both guitars, i think it's noticable the buzz i mention. Of course the older guitar has more noise in general but i don't notice as much that high pitch buzz sound at the end of each strum.

[HUM]Fender.zip

[NoHum]Old Guitar.zip

My Question is, can this be something else or should it really be related with the guitars being in a really bad state? :)

Thank you,

Marco Ferreira

• Buzz - from strings touching other frets - you need to set the neck relief/adjust string height.

Noise - 60hz cycle hum from single coils - you need to use a noise gate pedal / plugin or use Humbucker pickups.

Ringing/Tinging - sounds like it's coming from your tremolo springs - stick some foam under your springs in the back plate of the strat.

I strongly suggest you bring your guitar in for a pro set-up. About $70 with new strings. They should make it play like butter.

Welcome to the forums!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thank you BayouTexan

I don't have any foam block currently to test it, but definitely a good hint.

Also thank you for the terminology explanation :)

Regarding the setup I will do it, but with everything closed due to restrictions it's really hard to get someone to do the setup. Will take over a month.

• A pro set-up is always worth it's weight in gold. I suggest you search for youtube vids on "Set up a guitar". Even if you don't try to do it yourself you can learn the fundamentals of how a set-up transforms a guitar into a true musical instrument. It makes playing way easier.

Look for pieces of foam in packages you get from from online shopping, etc. You can buy a 1 foot square piece of foam for less than a dollar at a hobby store or craft store. There are youtube videos on putting foam under trem springs too.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.