Kemper Profiler Stage, Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 and 2 Kemper Kabinets?

• Hi,

Sorry for these basic doubts and thanks in advanced ;)

I enjoy a Kemper Profiler Stage (truly love it) and since there are no news of a powered Kemper Kabinet, I'm seriously considering a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 and two Kemper Kabinets, anyone using this? I want two kabinets mainly to profit the stereo when monitoring. I've read that when using external stereo amplifiers (I guess Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 is stereo), driving two Kabinets in stereo is possible, but when I read this I doubt:

• You can run Kemper Kone in stereo using the „Monitor Stereo“ function (XXX in Stage always stereo!!!), either in full range mode or speaker imprint mode. Since the intelligence lies in your Profiler, all connected Kemper Kones chassis benefit from the Kemper Kone features simultaneously.

And honestly I imagine what it means but not 100% sure. Ain't necessary having two kabinets to profit the stereo setup?

Again, thanks for your time and kind answers in advanced.

• I can't speak for the Powerstage 700 and the 2 Kemper Kabs but I have a Stage and use a Mission Engineering Gemini 2 FRFR - It is true stereo with dual amps and dual speakers. I can really hear the separation in the stereo effects. I am not sure if it is a cheaper option though as they are pricey.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

Edited once, last by sstauffer ().

• I have a PS700 and two Kabinets. I have the unpowered toaster.

Works great!

Thanks for answering dmatthews. By the way, one more doubt: in rehearsal, I guess you connect the PS700 through Kemper Monitor Output but... do you also combine it with Kemper's Main Output to the PA or mixing desk? Or maybe is the Monitor Output to the PS700 and those two kabinets loud enough to play with the rest of the band? Again, thanks!

• Thanks for answering dmatthews. By the way, one more doubt: in rehearsal, I guess you connect the PS700 through Kemper Monitor Output but... do you also combine it with Kemper's Main Output to the PA or mixing desk? Or maybe is the Monitor Output to the PS700 and those two kabinets loud enough to play with the rest of the band? Again, thanks!

When going stereo with the monitors the direct out will function as the stereo monitor out (right). Monitor out will be left.

• Thanks for answering dmatthews. By the way, one more doubt: in rehearsal, I guess you connect the PS700 through Kemper Monitor Output but... do you also combine it with Kemper's Main Output to the PA or mixing desk? Or maybe is the Monitor Output to the PS700 and those two kabinets loud enough to play with the rest of the band? Again, thanks!

Yes, as Ingolf says, if you want stereo then the Monitor and Direct outputs make the stereo pair.

If you want to send to FOH PA then yes use the Main outs for that.

A PS700 and one or more Kabinets will keep up with any band on stage.

• Ok, let's think of just one single Kabinet now, if I don't need to use the imprints of the Kabinet, since I want to experience and have the same sound sent to both:

FOH (live)/ PA (rehearsal) through Kemper profiler stage Main Outputs L/R XLR

AND

Kabinet though Kemper Profiler Stage Monitor L/R TRS into Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 (SD700)

Then...

Should I connect the SD700 to the Kabinet through SD700 Speakers Outs L/R or through SD700 XLR L/R (with SD700 Cab Sim off)? My first thought is using the XLR but maybe I'm wrong.

And just an other point: in rehearsal or even in little gigs, if there's no FOH and the mixing desk or PA ain't good enough, would it be enough the Kemper Profiler Stage into the Seymour Duncan PS700 and the Kabinet, not thinking of the Kabinet now as a monitor (in previous posts I didn't express clear enough my doubt) but to play in front of the rest of the band (rehearsal) and/or audience (thinking of little venues)? Loud drummer included, obviously.

Thanks in advanced, your help is extremely appreciated! ;)