MIDI Performance page selection question

• Q: If I set the Performance Load parameter to "Keep Slot" and send a MIDI CC 47 command targeting a new performance page, does it immediately load the rig in the currently selected slot of the new performance page without requiring a second command? Is there any significant latency with this command?

• The answer is in the manual:

Values 0-124 preload Performance 1-125. One of the CCs #50-54 then loads one of the Slots, if this Slot is enabled.

CC #47 just preloads a Performance and needs to be followed by one of CC# 50-54 to load a Slot.

You could absolutely address a Slot by sending a combination of bank select LSB and program change. That's also described int eh MIDI chapter of the manual.

• Yes, I can read that too - BUT - how does this interact with the "Performance Load" setting if it is set to "Keep Slot"? It seems clear that it works the way you describe for "Pending", but it's not clear for "Keep Slot" or "Slot 1".

From the manual on page 250:

The “Performance Load” parameter in System Settings determines what happens, as you step or scroll through Performances via Remote, PROFILER Stage or MIDI. The default setting “Pending” means that the current Rigs stay loaded and the PROFILER keeps waiting a few seconds for your Slot selection. “Slot 1” and “Keep Slot” load these Slots automatically.

"Automatically" is unclear in its meaning. Do you send a slot # and it gets ignored, or does the CC47 command function immediately without requiring a second command? This is also clearly talking about scrolling through performance pages, which is not what CC47 does, so it's really ambiguous in the way it describes the behavior.

The follow-on question is about latency. Trying to use PC commands I found a latency for shifting between pages that got progressively worse as the jump was farther. Does this approach reduce or eliminate that latency?