Cannot get Mission EP1-KP pedal working

• Hi all. I'm sure this thread has been covered multiple times but I need some help. I saw one thread but it didn't answer my question.

I've set up the pedal just like the Mission setup pamphlet and according to the accompanying YouTube video. The guy seems to skip over some key steps, so when he sets it up, everything is working. My switch will not activate any FX block.

I want a simple passive volume and switch for wah.

TRS cable OUT1>Exp1 input on back of Kemper

Mono cable OUT2>Exp2

Pedal one - mono switch, Function - wah

Pedal two - can't remember now cuz I got mad and unplugged it all lol. But it was exactly as the guide describes

On the Mission YouTube video, he does not go into detail about the Wah>Volume et al buttons on the previous page in the System menu. But no amount of toggle lets me operate my switch. He does not detail what to set the bypass to in the FX block. But the only way to get the wah to work is to set it to ON.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW I already had a Mission SP1, which also wouldn't work. I bought the KP thinking it would be much more integrated...

Thanks!

• Here is how mine is setup

Mission
    out 1 with TRS cable into Remote pedal 5 input. System settings - Pedal 5 , pedal type 1, Function / Wah Pedal

Mission out 2 with TS cable into Remote pedal 6 input. System settings for - Pedal 6, Mode Mono Switch, Switch tip A on/off. My wah is located in Stomps A spot, you can put it wherever you like and just change this designation.

Calibrate both pedals

• Here is how mine is setup

Mission
    out 1 with TRS cable into Remote pedal 5 input. System settings - Pedal 5 , pedal type 1, Function / Wah Pedal

Mission out 2 with TS cable into Remote pedal 6 input. System settings for - Pedal 6, Mode Mono Switch, Switch tip A on/off. My wah is located in Stomps A spot, you can put it wherever you like and just change this designation.

Calibrate both pedals

Thanks. This is how I set mine up. I tried the back of the kemper 1 and 2. Then tried 5 and 6 on the remote. Calibrate for me is on whether I hit the soft button or not (latest firmware).

So im not sure what I'm doing wrong. Unless I'm not supposed to use a guitar cable in OUT2. That's a mono cable so I assume that's fine??

• In fact, after no avail with the wah switch for Stomp B, I set it to any other stomp on/off. Tried to switch drive pedal in Stomp C. Nope. Set it to X. Nope. I bought a brand new TRS stereo cable. So I'm assuming it's not the cable.

• In fact, after no avail with the wah switch for Stomp B, I set it to any other stomp on/off. Tried to switch drive pedal in Stomp C. Nope. Set it to X. Nope. I bought a brand new TRS stereo cable. So I'm assuming it's not the cable.

the switch output needs to be connected with a regular TS cable and you need to calibrate the switch. Hold the calibrate button and press the switch. If it does not work it could be a hardware issue with the switch inside the pedal. Do you have any other analog switch at your disposal that you could use to verify that?

• can you test the switch is working with something else? Say as a channel switch on a regular amp for example. It sounds like the switch in the Mission pedal is broken. I had a broken switch in mine too and had to change it.

Yea I tried it with everything. I do believe the switch isn't working. Brand new. What a bummer. Oh well. Back to guitar center.

• The saga continues. Even after replacing it with a brand new EP1, I still cannot switch. Just emailed Mission back and forth about 10 times with troubleshooting and I am setting it all up according to the instructions. Still no switching.

Guy at Mission said to contact Kemper support. Said I may have to do a factory reset. Has anyone else had an issue with their kemper not recognizing an exp pedal???