Dont be put off by the "pros"

• I think I have seen that very picture over at the LPF. Is that possible? If I do recal correctly, I once read a thread where he talked a bit about his Marshall collection and also his cabs. It sounded like Marshall heaven. Would be really great to have profiles of those heads and cabs.

• I think I have seen that very picture over at the LPF. Is that possible? If I do recal correctly, I once read a thread where he talked a bit about his Marshall collection and also his cabs. It sounded like Marshall heaven. Would be really great to have profiles of those heads and cabs.

I wouldn't doubt it. He was ans likely still is a member there.

• There are some very nice people over there. Now all we have to do is turn them onto the Kemper and have them profile their amps. roadrunner and j45 come to my mind or Mike Slubowski ;)

I have mentioned it there once, some time ago... minor interest at best. It's a shame actually. They are missing the fine wine. Some there are too attached to the "cork" and not the "juice". 8|

I remember during the '60's and early '70's when I owned a lot of 'bursts and Goldtops, the cosmetic deals were quite secondary. It's still all about the tone for me. I love the KPA more and more everytime I play live or record.

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• I have mentioned it there once, some time ago... minor interest at best. It's a shame actually. They are missing the fine wine. Some there are too attached to the "cork" and not the juice. 8|

I remember during the '60's and early '70's when I owned a lot of 'bursts and Goldtops, the cosmetic deals were quite secondary. It's still all about the tone for me. I love the KPA more and more everytime I play live or record.

Yep I know, I responded to that thread when I got my Kemper. I go by the same nick there only spelled with one "r" . But Banker got himself an Axe as I recall and he was a tube snob as well. So there are some open minded people at least.

And I got to give the cork sniffers credit, up until the Kemper digital tubes didn't cut it for me. I was a tube snob when the first Pod came out and tried probably every Modeller hard or software out there since I was looking for a solution to record demos at home (not being able to crank up a Marshall). But it just didn't work for me and the worst thing was I couldn't mix any more. It took me about a year to find out I didn't lost my engineering abilities but it was the Pod that was unmixable. I was relieved when I read just that on Bob Clearmountains website. If he can't mix Pod nobody can ;) Since then I found out there was a technical reason for that (low sampling rate, steep anti aliasing filters which didn't left any high-end to speak of) but even the better devices which didn't have those limitations just weren't for me.

It was the Kemper which was the first digital device that really gave me all I wanted from an amp.

Maybe the cork sniffers over at LPF just have to listen to a KPA and they'll be convinced eventually.

I bet if we get the profiles of swankmotee (I found the pic and the thread at the LPF) done with Mitch Malloy and people could hear his beautiful Marshalls and cabs that could have a great impact on the perception of the Kemper among the snobs ;)

I have heard many clips your friend has done over the years (the most remarkable one involving a purple Super Bass I think) and he sure knows what good Marshall tone is. Actually I think he has outstanding tone and is a monster player.

• Mitch. I spoke with Tommy last might and he'd be happy to bring some vintage Marshall head and cabs to the profiling party. Please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can forward you his phone number in Nashville. I don't know if you went to the Nashville Amp show but Tommy is one of the organizers. 8)

• 1fastdog and Mitch:

I see another profile-sensation on the way! I'm really looking forward to that. Over at the LPF I was drooling over this very amps for years. I think I've heard many soundclips from him that sounded crazy good.