RM 3.0.145.16429 Crash

• As per my previous posts.

If I don't turn off the kemper before exiting RM it crashes my Win 10 PC.
    Did it again today and the crash trashed all my Cubase prefs which I had to set up again.

Is Kemper anywhere nearer solving this or indeed is it being investigated at all?
    They have had two sets of crash logs and support tickets from me in the past.

• Do you use an external USB hub? Or do you have Kemper plugged straight in to PC? Do you have a USB audio interface? Is it plugged straight into PC?

I have a complicated setup.

I run a Surface Pro 6. It has the Surface Dock connected. From that there is a passive USB hub which services both my audio interface and the Kemper USB.

With all of that I have zero problems.

• Hi mate.

The Kemper is plugged straight into the PC and I've tried all 8 ports both USB 2 and 3.

The interface is UR44 again plugged straight into the PC.
    The pc never crashed using the Kemper before RM 3 came around and from the other problems people are having on here I would imagine that is the issue.
    The Kemper is a nice piece of kit, the software really isn't.

• Hmmm... well I've been running it for years with no issues on both Surface Pro 5 and 6. You say you have 8 USB ports? Are they all on one card? Is it a tower PC with an added USB card?

What other kind of ports do you have? Any USB C?

• If I don't turn off the kemper before exiting RM it crashes my Win 10 PC.
    Did it again today and the crash trashed all my Cubase prefs which I had to set up again.

Is Kemper anywhere nearer solving this or indeed is it being investigated at all?

we can look into your issue for sure, please contact support. i'm sure Rig Manager can crash under certain circumstances, let's face it, pretty much every application can. but there is no general issue with Rig Manager crashing on Windows 10.

Btw: Rig Manager CANNOT trash your cubase preferences.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I never said RM trashed my Cubase preferences G String.
    RM crashed my PC and it was this that trashed the preferences.
    Kemper have already had my crash logs from the last time and I have not heard since.

• I never said RM trashed my Cubase preferences G String.
    RM crashed my PC and it was this that trashed the preferences.
    Kemper have already had my crash logs from the last time and I have not heard since.

well, sorry for the misunderstanding. an application crash does not crash your PC. it terminates the application in question and that's it. and as for the logs and details, as it turns out, we cannot help you this way. good luck.

• Kemper have already had my crash logs from the last time and I have not heard since.

This is our last reply to you back in April 2020, which you apparently haven't received:

"I had hopes that we will incorporate a new version of our driver in the next sub release but it will take a little more time. As it turns out, I cannot recommend an immediate remedy for the issue you're facing. Sorry."

What you face is very specific to your PC/Windows installation and our driver. It is not a general issue and it is something we have to take assumptions on because it doesn't happen on any of our machines. There is simply no way for us to know that this issue is fixed, because we can't trigger the crash and therefore verify the possible fix. We can only take assumptions.

By the way: I've taken a look at the second, unrelated ticket, you've opened times ago. Again, we've sent out a reply (this time with additional questions) and you didn't react. I wonder if you should check your spam filter settings.

• I did receive the reply to ticket KA00187131and therefore was hoping that the latest Kemper update release or RM release would solve my issue which it has not.

I do not recall the other support ticket and searching my email comes up with nothing. Looking at my account in the Kemper site is there a way of looking at past tickets?
    Thanks

• I do not recall the other support ticket and searching my email comes up with nothing. Looking at my account in the Kemper site is there a way of looking at past tickets?

no, there's no way for you to see the tickets on our server. The one i'm talking about has the ticket number 00173045.