Question about wah & rigs

• I have my unit set in performance mode so that the wah only functions when engaged and no volume pedal when off. So I am in performance mode and went to a slot then pressed rig settings button and selected wah/volume so that the volume pedaL would be on and pressed save. Locks are not on but to my surprise all the slots in the performance were using the volume pedal! I had thought rig settings were saved with and slot dependent. What am I missing here? I just want that ONE slot to have volume access.

• "WahPedal >Volume" is a global setting, which you normally set in System Settings on page Pedal Links. It only appears in Rig Settings on page Volume Pedal for convenience reasons and if "MorphPedal >Wah" isn't activated.

• That's what had me fooled as I had thought that all rig settings were rig dependent and not global. I'm going to have to go back and review options again. I'm trying to set my performance so the wah has to be switched on to work and when off, there is volume control on one slot only.

That's why I was trying to store wah/volume in that slot only (unsuccessfully).

I think there is a way but I will have to review again, I may recall there being a place to select volume or none for a rig dependent option, and I'd have to have that off for all other slots but one and turn on global wah/volume.

• I'll let someone else comment on if that's possible but I run a separate pedals ( which uses more real estate of course) to avoid this confusion.

I assume you are trying to avoid this :)

Interestingly for me, I never really use my volume pedal though.....mute I use the tuner, morphing for boosts, cleaning up guitar volume but for some reason I still like to have it ;)

• I'll let someone else comment on if that's possible but I run a separate pedals ( which uses more real estate of course) to avoid this confusion.

I assume you are trying to avoid this :)

Interestingly for me, I never really use my volume pedal though.....mute I use the tuner, morphing for boosts, cleaning up guitar volume but for some reason I still like to have it ;)

I usually have no use for a volume pedal except for when I want to play "BY-TOR and the Snow dog" or swell delayed special effect sounds. So I only need to have it for one slot and off all the rest of the time. I absolutely would not want to add another pedal just for volume.

• Like both of you, I VERY rarely use a volume pedal at all. Even for swells I often just use the guitar volume; which is fine on PRS and Strat style guitars where it is right under your pinky but less than ideal on a LP or Tele.

In your situation I would ditch the volume pedal and take a different approach.

Either set one performance slot to specifically have no Wah and load a Wah Boost in there instead. This effectively makes the Wah a volume pedal without the need to use Wah>Volume.

The other option would be to have a performance slot with a Wah in stomp A and Wah Booster in Stomp B and toggl between them with one of the i - iiii footswitches.

These are the kinds of confusing complications that could be massively simplified with more than one Morph group instead of the current convoluted logic chains but I don’t think there is much appetite for Kemper to change this at the moment. One of the few things I did really like about the Quad Cortex reviews was the way that the expression pedals appear to work like individual morph groups.

• Either set one performance slot to specifically have no Wah and load a Wah Boost in there instead. This effectively makes the Wah a volume pedal without the need to use Wah>Volume.

Thanks, I never would have thought to go this way. So I gather since I don't need a wah in a slot the wah booster knows to use the wah pedal correct?

• Yes, it should do.

Thank you so much, this is perfect! It gives me the option to have the whole performance or just one slot.

I had this all down before but so I don't have to go back through everything in the manual, may I ask you since wah/volume button is global, Does it control both Browser and performance modes or are they separate? That being said, does wah/volume button control all performances (guessing so)?

• Another testimony to how well thought out the Kemper is is that the volume pedal and wah position are read even though they are not engaged. I love that! No jumps. If you engage the wah with the pedal cocked back it reads that instantly instead of having to wiggle it to tell it where it is like units I've used in the past. Turn the wah boost on with heel back and it mutes. As soon as you engage pedals they act like standalone analog devices.