Expression Pedal Questions

• I've been using a VP Jr pedal for years with my kemper as I like to control the gain going into the front of the amp and it works great. If I get a mission expression pedal, is there possibly a way to have it be like that on all my patches then if I want a wah could I program lets say the tuner button to make it a wah?

• If you are buying another pedal, do you want to use one for volume and one for wah or do you want one pedal to do both?

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• you can use any expression pedal with a TRS connection with the Kemper. It doesn’t need to be the Mission. The mission is very overpriced for what it is. There have also been a number of cases of them having fault footswitches. Personally I don’t like mine for Volume or Morphing as the travel is very short. However, if you want a pedal that works and feels exactly like a Dunlop Wah then the Mission is ideal.

The same pedal can be used as both Wah and Volume or you can connect two different pedals.

• Like @Wheresthedug said above the Mission pedal can do what you want, I have 2 of them and I like the travel on them and they work great. You may be able to use your Ernie Ball Jr pedal ( I have one of those too and they are great pedals.) you would need an adapter cable that has a single TRS 1/4 jack on one side plugged into one of the pedal inputs and two TS jacks plugged into the Jr or any other volume pedal (one to the input and one to the output). Here is a description. Then in the pedals section on the Kemper set pedal to Wah. Next go to the rig section, go to the volume pedal setting set the Location to input - this will act like you are plugging into the input and will act exactly the same, the circuitry in the Kemper will do this for you. - click the WahPedal - Vol button and I would lock it so it will act the same across all rigs. Add the wah to the effects chain and assign the wah to a switch to activate. (If this is done correctly when the wah is not activated it will act as a volume pedal and when it is activated it will act as a wah. (I have not tried the TRS - TS adapter with the Kemper but I have done it with the Jr pedal on the G System and it worked great. If you are going to buy a new pedal I would spend the extra money and get the Mission Pedal it is desinged for this very function, it has a switch in the toe position that can be assigned to turn the wah on and off so you don't need to assign one of the Kemper switches or assign an outside switch the the Wah

• Thanks so much for the post! I’ve got a mission expression on the way, will be here Friday. Thanks for the direction guys.

You will be happy with that! - You probably already know but you will need 2 TRS cables, one for the pedal function and one for the switch function.

• The switch function only needs to be a regular TS cable. TRS should normally wrk but isn’t necessary.

That makes sense, I use a TRS because I have small TRS snake that I use but you are right a switch shouldn't require a TRS.

Edited once, last by sstauffer ().