Latency when switching rigs within a performance

• I am having problems too. Over a second when switching between performances. And add to that, strange things happen. It’s like some parts of the rig switches faster than other parts, so the sound becomes really strange for a second. Quite unacceptable, might need to go back to browse mode.

I also see a 2-3 second delay when switching performances with the Kemper remote. If I start up the system say on Performance #4 and then I stomp the up/down arrows on the remote to change, the remote doesn't react for really a good 2-3 seconds. Then it kind of catches up and switching goes faster. When changing performances via the rack buttons the switching is faster, but definitely lethargic and lazy.

I'm sort of new to Kemper (and my remote is even newer), so I dont know how things were in the past. Did the problem really start with 8.7.4?

• A good few updates ago, it was announced that the display on the Profiler and Remotes changed slower than the actual sound. This was a deliberate process designed to prioritise the functionality over visibility.

Not to say that it hasn't suddenly gotten worse but to explain that the displays have always intentionally been sluggish.

So you really need to check how quickly the profile changes sonically, not the display.

• After the most recent update, I'm seeing noticeably longer delays and switching between performances. In the past I've noticed that if I had the Kemper plugged into USB and rig manager not on, the switching times were slower like it was waiting to communicate or something. I've had a couple times when coming out of rig manager and unplugging USB, rig slots were named incorrectly giving me a scare, but after switching performances a bit, went back to normal. I haven't fully tested to see if it is mostly visual but for me there have been longer delays switching performances and rig slots than there has been from what I've seen but it's intermittent and usually the weirdest laggy activity is when I have just unplugged it from rig manager. If I just fire it up and go it seems to be pretty normal. Performance switching on front panel cross still likes to jump a number unless you peck it with a 1/128th note fingering. All in all I have noticed a difference from the last 2 years.

• After the most recent update, I'm seeing noticeably longer delays and switching between performances. In the past I've noticed that if I had the Kemper plugged into USB and rig manager not on, the switching times were slower like it was waiting to communicate or something. I've had a couple times when coming out of rig manager and unplugging USB, rig slots were named incorrectly giving me a scare, but after switching performances a bit, went back to normal. I haven't fully tested to see if it is mostly visual but for me there have been longer delays switching performances and rig slots than there has been from what I've seen but it's intermittent and usually the weirdest laggy activity is when I have just unplugged it from rig manager. If I just fire it up and go it seems to be pretty normal. Performance switching on front panel cross still likes to jump a number unless you peck it with a 1/128th note fingering. All in all I have noticed a difference from the last 2 years.

Yeah, same here. It skips in Browse mode. Really annoying.

• I appreciate having rig manager and love to use it, but I do find it to be a bit fickle with my system. I have a pretty new state of the art solid state computer that handles USB like a champ with everything else. Normally everything is OK if I turn on the unit without USB connection and just use it. I think the times I've had issues was when it was plugged in or recently unplugged USB without a reboot. I don't want to complain about rig manager because it's part of why I love the Kemper. You couldn't do that stuff with your JCM800! I still think syncing and switching between performance and browser mode could be more stable as well as working with multiple windows. That's where things get goofy for me. Sometimes it wont switch around well between them. I could be doing something wrong but always end up getting the job done.

I'm not sure if I ever got a solid official answer if you need to change the chicken head (I do) when going between browser and performance when connected to rig manager.