Improved EQ functionality in the amplifier module

• More EQ types in the amp module would be great. Eg: Marshall, Fender, VOX, Mesa Boogie, etc. Personally, I consider this to be the biggest negative on Kemper - Amp EQ has little to do with EQ in a real amp and therefore the sound adjustment with this EQ will quickly start to differ from the real amp. Particulary mid freq are completely different from a real amp EQ.

• It will never be the same as real amp since kemper doesnt model the circuits, profiles are just snapshots. For eq adjust definition first, then pre eq, i dont like touching post eq in kemper i would rather do more precise tweaks with graphic eq in the post fx.

• I actually see the fixed eq nature of the Kemper as an advantage rather than a negative. With a real amp all the controls are interactive so changing a Treble setting also affect the bass and mids. Moving Mids affects Treble and Bass. On top of that every amp has a different effect so you need to learn the amps EQ. With the Kemper the eq is predicable which makes it much easier to just reach for a knob and know what it is going to do.

• I actually see the fixed eq nature of the Kemper as an advantage rather than a negative. With a real amp all the controls are interactive so changing a Treble setting also affect the bass and mids. Moving Mids affects Treble and Bass. On top of that every amp has a different effect so you need to learn the amps EQ. With the Kemper the eq is predicable which makes it much easier to just reach for a knob and know what it is going to do.

do you use pre or post?

• Of course, the result will not be the same as in the real amp. But it will be much more similar than now. I tried it. I'm an electrician. For the Marshall profile, I made an EQ from Marshall to test. It works noticeably better than the orig KEMPER EQ, provided you don't go into extreme settings.

(I bypassed all the effects and CAB. I put the equalizer on the output of KEMPER. I used the speaker simulator in DAW.)

Since in KEMPERI you can set pre or post EQ position, you could simulate EQ from any amplifier

• For the Marshall profile, I made an EQ from Marshall to test. It works noticeably better than the orig KEMPER EQ, provided you don't go into extreme settings.

(I bypassed all the effects and CAB. I put the equalizer on the output of KEMPER. I used the speaker simulator in DAW.)

Since in KEMPERI you can set pre or post EQ position, you could simulate EQ from any amplifier

Sorry I'm not sure I've got You properly, What did You do?

Could You explain more in details

• I built a Marshall EQ test board. I connected it to the output of KEMPER Stage, between KEMPER and PC. In KEMPER I bypassed all post effects and also CAB. I played one Marshall profile from M.Britt. I tried to make adjustments using the orig EQ in the AMP module and also with the EQ that I made for this purpose. I used the guitar cabinet in the PC (one of the IRs of Celestion G12M 25W). In my opinion, when changing the EQ setting, Marshall EQ retained the original character of the Amp better than the orig EQ in KEMPER

• ah! ok, now I see.

Interesting! Would You share maybe some pics or detalis of Your Marshall EQ test board.

I'm not an electrician but it seems to be a great tool to shape the sound!

the next question is: do You think You could replicate the tone shaping of Your external marshall EQ Using some dedicated Fx (EQ) on Kemper ?

I mean: ok bypass CAB and use the DAW for It,

but Use the next* 4 StompFX Modules as they were pots of Your EQ, let's say one EQ in stomp X for Bass shape, another EQ in Stomp MOD for Mid and so on..

do You think it would work more or less ?

• Sorry, that's not possible because it was just a test board. I only have one. I've already used it for another scheme ... I only did it out of curiosity about how it would work. It can't be used anyway because it's non-programmable. But digital simulation in KEMPER would be programmable ....

It is not possible to replicate the function with any module, because in the real amp EQ Bass Mid and Treble affect each other. The only thing that could be purely theoretically possible is to imitate some specific setting with parametric EQ. It would be very laborious and it makes no sense ....