Profiling Pedals/Effects/StompBoxes

• Hi everyone,

I think it would be a great addition if besides Profiling Amps it was also possible to profile singular effect units and use them in the Effect slots.

This was quickly discussed here: Pedal profiling

From my point of view, this would be rather nice. However, I am not sure if this would require too much device ressources or so. Just something that would be nice to have.

(And it would probably drain my bank account, if I could not only buy amps but also effect pedals ;). So maybe it isn't the best of my ideas...)

Best regards,

Tobias

• Hi, and welcome :)

Not possible ...... But you can use some FX boxes in the profiling

process and have them "printed" into that specific profile.

No modulation, delay or reverb units though .......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Aaah ..... Did not notice that :S

I just saw the question in "Latest Post" column and answered ....... :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Not only is it not possible with the current hardware but CK has literally said in the last few days in the Quad Cortex thread that it wouldn’t be desirable either. He said that many of the classic pedals that people want to profile can’t be profiled accurately due to their circuit topography. Therefore he took the decision not to offer a feature which wouldn’t produce results of the quality level that users are likely to want.

• The new videos are up showing the Quad Cortex performing its capture of a few pedals and the results are pretty good. However right now they are only able to capture Boost pedals, overdrives, some fuzz, distortion, etc. I think it would be a good idea to maybe revisit looking into the feature as the competition is already at work getting it done with good results.