Troubles with gain staging in Focusrite 2i2 and Reaper

• Hi, I'm new to kemper, very happy with the device, but at the moment of recording guitars, I struggle with the proper volume in the mix. I use a master bus with a limiter to get notion and volume and a mix bus to glue all the tracks including the guitars... The problem is the Scarlet seems to peak with XLR even in the minimum volume and with the TS cable no that much, but only if use Line mode. I record guitars at -18 dB usually but at that volume the Kemper lose all the power and brightness he has. Thanks for the time.

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I always record at -6 to -12db. That seems to be the sweet spot from what I gather from sound engineers. To maintain that level across all profiles, I increase my rig volume for each accordingly.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I was never happy with my Focusrite device and the profiler. Stumbled upon this (how to connect the devices together) and it resolved my issues.

Kemper to Scarlett 2i4

No clipping on the audio device or in Reaper with perfect levels. Might be worth a shot connecting in this manner? Hope this helps you get things to your liking.

Edited once, last by Mookytc ().

• I was never happy with my Focusrite device and the profiler. Stumbled upon this (how to connect the devices together) and it resolved my issues.

Kemper to Scarlett 2i4

No clipping on the audio device or in Reaper with perfect levels. Might be worth a shot connecting in this manner? Hope this helps you get things to your liking.

thanks so much for the support i think i solve my problem and the issue was the XLR cables trigger the mic preamp from the 2i2 and the Ts signal is pretty unbalanced so i ended up with a XLR female cable with a TS end so... I think i can manage a pretty decent sound at -6db. Cheers.