Help! Weird Problems Programming Performances

• Kemper newbie here so sorry if this is a basic question. I picked out all my rigs to fill out about 4 performances and then started programming them. While in Perf. 1, I decided the rig on button 2 didn't have quite enough gain, so I turned up the gain for that button and pressed "store". I then found that the gain had also been raised on button 1. I couldn't figure out how to go back to square one, so I rearranged the performances in Rig Manager, reassigning Perf. 1 to Perf. 50 or something, just so that I could have a blank performance to work with in spot 1. But it's still giving me problems. I found the perfect profile for button 1 in Browse mode, but when I stored in in Perf. 1, button 1, it sounded completely different. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I toggled back and forth between Browse and Perform several times and, sure enough the same rig sounds very different in the two modes. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

Thanks.

• Hi, Brenkj,

I'm not sure what's going on with the first problem.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

when I stored in in Perf. 1, button 1, it sounded completely different. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I toggled back and forth between Browse and Perform several times and, sure enough the same rig sounds very different in the two modes. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

Thanks.

It sounds like the Input section is locked in Performance Mode.

To unlock it.

1. Make sure you're in Performance mode.
    2. Press and hold the Lock button
      1. Does the Input button light up? If it does, it's locked.
      2. To unlock it (while you are holding the lock button, press the Input button)

Now, in Slot 1, Browse to the Profile you want in Slot 1.

Save the Performance.

Now - when you compare the Browse and Performance versions of the Profile - they should sound the same.

More info.

Here are some more resources to help you with your Stage.

? Kemper Stage Quick Start ?

? Kemper Main Manual 7.5 English?

? Kemper Manual 8.0 Addendum?

- Documentation in Other languages

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles, check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

• Thanks for the response. I tried that and, sure enough, several buttons were lit up as "locked". I unlocked them all, but I'm still getting a different tone in Browse versus Performance. Just to make sure it's not my imagination, I checked the Gain readout. Sure enough, the Gain is showing about 4.5 in Browe, but 3.5 in Performance - for the exact same rig. The exact same thing happened on another performance with another rig, so I don't think the problem is specific to that one rig.

• Hi, Brenkj,

The Lock/Unlock doesn't work retroactively so,

Make sure you've got everything unlocked and then copy the Profile you want from the Browse pool to the Performance.

Does that help?

ST

• Mr. High Maintenance here again. While I'm trying to figure out this Browse/Performance issue, I decided to go ahead and program a few of the other buttons one Perf. 1 and 2. But I can't even activate any of the stomp buttons other than 1 in order to assign rigs to them. I have rehearsal tomorrow and I'm pulling my hair out just trying to assign a few rigs to performances.

• Hi, Brenkj,

Have you seen this video?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks, ST. I have looked at that. My problem (or one of them) is that I get confused between how the toaster/remote works versus the Stage.

By the way, you're a life saver explaining that changes don't apply retroactively. Once I wrapped my brain around that, things started going smoothly. I only have 3 or 4 profiles left to load now.

I did run into one other weird glitch (hopefully the last one for the day). I found an awesome pre-made solo tone on Rig Exchange (delay, reverb, etc. all built in already). It sounds amazing in Browse, but when I assign it to a button in Perform, all that awesome delay and reverb are gone. I've tried it several times and the same thing keeps happening. Any thoughts? Thanks.

• Hi, Brenkj,

Thanks, ST. I have looked at that. My problem (or one of them) is that I get confused between how the toaster/remote works versus the Stage.

By the way, you're a life saver explaining that changes don't apply retroactively. Once I wrapped my brain around that, things started going smoothly. I only have 3 or 4 profiles left to load now.

You're welcome. Happy to help.

I did run into one other weird glitch (hopefully the last one for the day). I found an awesome pre-made solo tone on Rig Exchange (delay, reverb, etc. all built in already). It sounds amazing in Browse, but when I assign it to a button in Perform, all that awesome delay and reverb are gone. I've tried it several times and the same thing keeps happening. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Let's make sure we're using the same terminology.

A Performance has five slots.

Each Slot can contain a Rig (typically retrieved from the Browse pool, although that's not the only way to do it.)

It sounds like you

1. Find a Rig you like in Rig Exchange. Let's call it GreatRig1.
    2. STORED it to the Browse Pool
    3. Created a Performance (Did you make sure nothing is Locked?)
    4. Created a new slot in the Performance
    5. Used the Browse knob to find GreatRig1 and put it in the slot

Check the OUTPUT section and make sure the OUTPUT source is Master Mono or Master Stereo - and NOT Stack.

ST

• when making performances in Rig Manager, make sure the Stage is in Performance Mode. Then make sure you have Double Clicked on the new Performance you are editing to load it in the Edit Buffer. Simply selecting a performance and starting to edit it doesn’t work and can give very erratic unpredictable outcomes when saving. You will know you are doing it correctly because the Stage willshow LIB on its screen.