What types of in-ear monitors has the best frequency response for use with the Kemper?

• Chiming in here again. I just got my ACS Engage, and sadly must say that they deeply underperforms.. This is exactly what I feared, that I have to spend tons of money on something that turns out to be incredibly bad.. These earpieces are molded exactly to my ears, so form-factor wise they are good, but they sound horribly muddy and WAY too much bass.. I have to turn high pass filter in Kemper output to about 70% in order for it to sound good..

Is there a way of surgically remove frequencies on the Kemper? I can't find any intuitive EQ's there, other than stomp boxes?

• Chiming in here again. I just got my ACS Engage, and sadly must say that they deeply underperforms.. This is exactly what I feared, that I have to spend tons of money on something that turns out to be incredibly bad.. These earpieces are molded exactly to my ears, so form-factor wise they are good, but they sound horribly muddy and WAY too much bass.. I have to turn high pass filter in Kemper output to about 70% in order for it to sound good..

Is there a way of surgically remove frequencies on the Kemper? I can't find any intuitive EQ's there, other than stomp boxes?

Really sorry to hear your problems. I got the Evoke2 Classic and the frequencies balance perfectly with what I hear from HS8 monitors. I would try them in reall rehearsal or gig conditions before making a snap judgement, as IEM always take time to adjust to.

When I got mine, ACS were more than happy to engage with with any problems or concerns you have after purchase. A friend of mine even got them remoulded for free. Maybe you should explain what you hear and see if the are any options.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Really sorry to hear your problems. I got the Evoke2 Classic and the frequencies balance perfectly with what I hear from HS8 monitors. I would try them in reall rehearsal or gig conditions before making a snap judgement, as IEM always take time to adjust to.

When I got mine, ACS were more than happy to engage with with any problems or concerns you have after purchase. A friend of mine even got them remoulded for free. Maybe you should explain what you hear and see if the are any options.

Thanks. On my mixing table I have to turn off all bass, knob all the way down - and that's not enough. I have to go to my Kemper and put on a 300hz high pass filter on the output section. It's ridiculous!

• Thanks. On my mixing table I have to turn off all bass, knob all the way down - and that's not enough. I have to go to my Kemper and put on a 300hz high pass filter on the output section. It's ridiculous!

That sounds crazy and more than just personal preference. I did notice on the Engage series it says: "deep and engaging low end"! I hope you didn't pay and extra £120 for too much bass.

I would seriously speak to them and ask if these drivers have more bass than others. It may be possible to switch them.

Karl

• That sounds crazy and more than just personal preference. I did notice on the Engage series it says: "deep and engaging low end"! I hope you didn't pay and extra £120 for too much bass.

I would seriously speak to them and ask if these drivers have more bass than others. It may be possible to switch them.

Thanks, yes I've already spoken to them, they are very helpful. They advised me to use it for a week and see, so I will do that. They will take it back if I'm not satisfied, so I'm well covered on that area..

Since I have to turn bass down so much, I suspect that the issue probably lies on the lower midrange instead of bass..? Maybe surgically remove some lower midrange area would help

• Thanks, yes I've already spoken to them, they are very helpful. They advised me to use it for a week and see, so I will do that. They will take it back if I'm not satisfied, so I'm well covered on that area..

Since I have to turn bass down so much, I suspect that the issue probably lies on the lower midrange instead of bass..? Maybe surgically remove some lower midrange area would help

That is a relief and you can experiment without being nervous about the purchase now.

Karl