Kemper SPDIF vs XLR

• I just ran my own test just to see what comes of it. Recorded something with both SPDIF and a pair of balanaced jacks. The noise floor is higher with analog, that was expected. Latency was about 1ms faster with analog than SPDIF. So the RME's converts are a tiny bit slower, but shouldn't be noticable. But in regards to sound I can't tell the difference between the two, at all.

Edit: I don't know what kind of SPDIF cable I have, but it's not a super cheap one.

Edit 2: Doing it again with fresh ears, I can tell the difference. Must have something to do with the preamps and the cable.

Edited 2 times, last by tnipe ().

• I used to play with the xlr outs to the input of a steinberg ur22. Listening through its headphone input. Putting the headphone into the kemper made a huge difference in sound quality. Therefore I bought a scarlett 8i6 to benefit from the great kempersound without loss of quality (and to get rid of the bulky xlr's as well)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp