Acoustic Guitar and Kemper??

• Hello Folks,

I want to plug my Martin acoustic guitar into the input of the kemper and then push it out through the left/right monitor outs into 2 FRFR powered monitors.

Is this a thing to do with the Kemper? If so, are there any profiles of real good acoustic preamps to use?

Thanks, Rshred

• Hi, Rshred.

Sure, you can run an acoustic guitar through your Profiler.

Check this profile - assuming you are using Rig Manager, you should find it here.

And, take a look in Rig Exchange. Do a search for acoustic.

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

And if you have an acoustic amp you like - make a Profile.

Cheers!

• I bought the acoustic pack of Bert Meulendijk. Some profiles are great and work well with my Martin or my Godin (nylon and steel). I recommend them.

(By the way, other Bert profiles are awesome.)

• Try recording your acoustic with a mic straight into DAW. Then try some profiles out to compare to to see if you like how the sound is. I like the sound of most acoustics just mic'd, and only like the amp to amplify the sound without coloring it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use 3 Sigma Audio acoustic impulses and they sound great. My favorite is their Gibson J45 and the Martin D45. I use them with Martin and Taylor acoustics, and with a PRS SE Piezo. You load then in as a cabinet and turn off the Kemper amplifier button. I still use the EQ section of the stack and a Studio Equalizer in the stomps section just to fine tune.

One thing I did find that helped a lot was to set Character to +5 and Pure Cabinet on 10 on the Cabinet options.

• Try recording your acoustic with a mic straight into DAW. Then try some profiles out to compare to to see if you like how the sound is. I like the sound of most acoustics just mic'd, and only like the amp to amplify the sound without coloring it.

Thanks Bayou Tex, but I'm not that sophisticated. I don't use a DAW, just a basement noodler! I have never used my Martin with anything other than a cheap fender acoustic amp of my friends, but I have seen people use their acoustics through PAs with some Brags (not sure if thats right) pre-amps and they sound killer. Just figured that I'd give that a try with my guitar.

Thanks

• I had very good results by profiling my Fishman Aura with the Kemper. That actually works.

First you choose the best fitting setting ini Aura for the guitar you want to use.

The 3 Sigma Audio also work great, but they are loaded in the cabinet section because these are IRs. If you profile the Aura, you have it in the amp section.

But both works good :)

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• Bommel here have shared a lot of profiles and among those a bunch that are suited to acoustic guitars.

I recently did some recording with my Taylor and one of those profiles and I really liked the results.

• Bommel here have shared a lot of profiles and among those a bunch that are suited to acoustic guitars.

I recently did some recording with my Taylor and one of those profiles and I really liked the results.

I am glad you found seomthing you like :) and thanks for the nice words :)