Can't figure out how to Reamp

• I'm trying to reamp for the first time and can NOT figure it out. I've figured out how to record the dry/direct signal, which was easy enough. I've watched the Kemper tutorial videos but I'm getting lost on how to configure everything in Reaper. I've also tried watching 3rd party YouTube videos claiming to show how to reamp with Kemper and Reaper (all of which have been utterly useless and don't actually show a simple step-by-step process of how to do it).

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong? How do I take that dry track and record a new track via reamping?

Here is my setup:

1. I'm using Reaper for my DAW
    2. I'm using 2 SPDIF cables from the SPDIF in and out from the Kemper and running them into the SPDIF in and out of my Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre
    3. I've got the Input Source on my Kemper set to "SPDIF Input Reamp" and the SPDIF Outputs are set to Master Stereo (as are the Main Outputs - but they aren't connected since I use SPDIF)

If anyone has done reamping with a Kemper and Reaper, can you please give me a step by step guide on what you're doing in Reaper to get it to work?

• What output do you have set on Reaper?

I use Logic and an old Focusrite Saffire but the principle will be the same.

I set up one channel for DI and set it to record from Input 5 and another for Stack (or Output Mono) on Input 6. This records 2 tracks simultaneously.

When Reamping I set the Output of the previously recorded DI track to Output 5 which I have configured in the Mix Control Software for the Saffire as SPDIF out.

Output 5 goes to the KPA where the Input Menu is set to Reamp SPDIF

I set up a new record enabled track in Logic with Input 6 as the input source and hit record. This plays the DI track and sends it out of output 5 to the KPA which processes it and sends the new sound to input 6 on the new track which records the result.

I suspect that the part you are missing is the output setting in Reaper.