NEW FUSION release with Holdsworth and Henderson band mates

• Greetings fellow players!

My album “Fictional Characters” is finally released!

I use the Stage Profiler throughout.

Featuring myself as composer and on guitar; musicians Steve Hunt, (long time keyboardist for the late guitar legend Allan Holdsworth), as well as drummer Archibald Ligonnière and bassist Romain Labaye, (both of whom have been renowned guitarist Scott Henderson’s band on his recent tours and latest album “People Mover”, *which was just voted Best Jazz Fusion Group by Jazz Times Magazine’s 2020 Reader’s Poll).

Hopefully you’ll give it a listen and dig it!

Thanks!

ON BANDCAMP:

https://scottjonesmusic.bandca…baye-archibald-ligonni-re

ALL ABOUT JAZZ REVIEW:

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/f…mn-hill-records?width=375

• Sounds great - congrats on the great review as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Wow ! The best I heard since "Secrets" ,"Wardenclyffe Tower" & "Hard Hat Area" :thumbup::thumbup:

Steve Hunt rules on keys, as always. Well done, chaps ! Impressed =O

( Do I hear a little "Happy The Man" influence from 1.57 in "Shut up and Dance" ? )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Hi Scott !

Check them out ( Happy the Man ) Good prog-fusion from late 70´s.

This song was what I was thinking of when I heard that 1.57 part in "Shut up and Dance" : D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

• Wow! I’ve never heard them before. That’s crazy, though.

Actually, I made it a point to not listen to any music that could influence my writing this album, for the 2 years it took to write it.

That´s a good thought .... Keeping the mind clean :)

But I guess you listened a tiny bit to Allan H. Frank Gambale, John Patitucci, Mahavishnu,

Bill Bruford and Pat Metheny long before recording this album ..... ? 8o

May I ask what profile you use for solo from 1.28 in "Floki´s Shipyard" ?? Very "Holdsworthian" tone :thumbup:

Cheers !