Suggested Marshall profiles specifically for recording?

• I can’t for the life of me find a single Marshall or Friedman profile that sounds good in a mix. I’ve got profiles that sound solid live, but every time I try to record anything with moderate gain (think 80’s hard rock), the profile either sounds:

• Too fizzy and/or low ended - so I try using a high or low pass filter. If I set the filter around 7k, it removes some fizz but also removes clarity. I’ve tried the definition control to compensate for this but to me, that just makes things sound stiff/stale.
    • Too much gain - I reduce the gain and it takes away the feel or Friedman/Marshall feel.
    • I’ve also used the studio EQ to sweep through and remove nasty frequencies.

Are there any Marshall/Friedman type of profiles out there that you swear by for recording?

I’m running a Charvel Guthrie Govan signature model guitar straight into the Kemper and into my Clarett 4Pre USB interface via SPDIF and into my DAW (Reaper).

• I found a few Marshall profiles but really dig all the Mesa Boogie (Mebo) profiles, and I am a Marshall guy. Go figure.

Try:

JIA JTM45 1 Breakup

JIA JTM45 2 Crunch

MB - 70 Mars SL 3

Ace - 900 Original

Ace - Super Lead Zillah

GB - Mars CM 800 808

But I rarely use those now.

My Low cut is 80Hz and High is 7500Hz

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.