Is it my ears?...my last attempt to get a resolve.

• Im so sorry guys but STILL iam having a bad time with my kemper...at this point im desperate.I have been through MANY online forums trying to get some kind of answer to my problem but keep coming back to the same threads ive already read and no real solid answer.I have tried everything! all kinds of cables SPDIF multiple guitars MANY MANY profiles and still i have this horendous digital fizzy demon clinging on to my every tone.I have altered the EQ's high shelf low shelf and its still there. I have pulled back the distortion but its there.This demo i have linked here i have used different commercial profiles from completely different companies just to show no matter what i use its there.

PLEASE for my sanity tell me you hear it too and im not just losing my mind over here.Could it be my ears are they fatigued or shot to hell and im hearing bad things? i dont think so tbh im pretty sure theres something seriously wrong here.

I have enabled cab disabled cab disabled cab monitor enabled cab monitor disabled EQ enabled EQ every possible thing that could be enabled and disabled ive tried.

The output from the kemper into my interface is not clipping all lights are in the green.

My interface is not clipping the halos are green.

My guitar goes direct into the front input of my kemper. The model guitar does not even matter all of my guitars produce the same problem.

My out is "Main output Left" straight into my interface (Clarett 4pree USB). using balanced cable or SPDIF cable changes nothing.

SURELY there is turn around for this its hearbreaking seeing all these amazing kemper videos with amazing sounds and mine sounds like utter hell.

This will be my last cry for help and then i will probably just sell my unit.

Sorry for bringing you guys such a miserable post.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not your ears, Adam; it sounds pants mate; no doubt.

Best path to resolution IMHO would be to create a support ticket and send a DI file of your guitar, the Rigs you used in this demo and the demo itself. If it's deemed that the unit needs repair or replacing, you'll already be in the box seat.

Alternatively, you can make a new demo with free Rigs and post that here along with the DI file, but at best all you can hope for is confirmation from others here that something's amiss with your hardware or software / settings. The former strategy skips the possibly-redundant confirmation stage.

• It's not your ears, Adam; it sounds pants mate; no doubt.

Best path to resolution IMHO would be to create a support ticket and send a DI file of your guitar, the Rigs you used in this demo and the demo itself. If it's deemed that the unit needs repair or replacing, you'll already be in the box seat.

Alternatively, you can make a new demo with free Rigs and post that here along with the DI file, but at best all you can hope for is confirmation from others here that something's amiss with your hardware or software / settings. The former strategy skips the possibly-redundant confirmation stage.

Thanks man...i apologize again for bringing the misery cheers for the advice \m/

• Did you happen to try another interface? Even a cheap one that does not have the Focusrite name.

i never had any issue with Focusrite audio cards

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Did you happen to try another interface? Even a cheap one that does not have the Focusrite name.

Im onto my 3rd interface.Started of with the focusrite solo then upgraded to the 2i4 then my current clarett 4pre and sadly had the same issue on all three.I just flat out refuse to shell out on another interface because my 4pre was quite expensive ( for my budget) unless its 100% the fault which im pretty sure it is not because it sounds fantastic with my sm7b and clean tones its just distorted tones they ALL sound horrendous.I think my best bet is when this lockdown situation is over im gonna get a pro or at least someone who i can talk to face to face who could come and actually physically look at my rig and see whats happening and figure out whats going on.

• Im onto my 3rd interface.Started of with the focusrite solo then upgraded to the 2i4 then my current clarett 4pre and sadly had the same issue on all three.I just flat out refuse to shell out on another interface because my 4pre was quite expensive ( for my budget) unless its 100% the fault which im pretty sure it is not because it sounds fantastic with my sm7b and clean tones its just distorted tones they ALL sound horrendous.I think my best bet is when this lockdown situation is over im gonna get a pro or at least someone who i can talk to face to face who could come and actually physically look at my rig and see whats happening and figure out whats going on.

I would suspect the first one but not the second or third especially since different models, but I would try to borrow one just to test even if it's just a cheap one.

Other than that, try different guitars. I listened very hard to the sound you posted and it's almost like the Low E and A pole on the pickup is dead.

Post back the remedy when you find the culprit.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I would suspect the first one but not the second or third especially since different models, but I would try to borrow one just to test even if it's just a cheap one.

Other than that, try different guitars. I listened very hard to the sound you posted and it's almost like the Low E and A pole on the pickup is dead.

Post back the remedy when you find the culprit.

My pickups are EMG 81's im not sure they have seperate pole pieces in them...i could be wrong.I will certainly post if i find a remedy.Thanks for your input buddy.

• AdamMassacre1981 Try a Kemper system reset. Sometimes the firmware gets corrupted, in which case it's a good idea to just reset the whole thing so that the system can run checks to see that everything is in order.

Also, what OS revision are you on, just for cross-checking purposes?

Also, how close to your strings are your pickups? Try adjusting them higher or lower to see if there is less fizziness. I know that EMGs and other actives like to be close.

• AdamMassacre1981 Try a Kemper system reset. Sometimes the firmware gets corrupted, in which case it's a good idea to just reset the whole thing so that the system can run checks to see that everything is in order.

Also, what OS revision are you on, just for cross-checking purposes?

Also, how close to your strings are your pickups? Try adjusting them higher or lower to see if there is less fizziness. I know that EMGs and other actives like to be close.

Being EMG's i have the pickups pretty high and close to the strings ive tried multiple resets. OS Version 8.0.6.24597

• Did you contact support with my DI, Rig and clip-sharing idea in-mind, Adam?

There's also the alternate route I mentioned:

Alternatively, you can make a new demo with free Rigs and post that here along with the DI file, but at best all you can hope for is confirmation from others here that something's amiss with your hardware or software / settings. The former strategy skips the possibly-redundant confirmation stage

I'm asking 'cause you haven't provided any feedback on this and the situation seems to be in a holding pattern, which, given the inefficacious nature of your previous threads on the matter, will not lead to a speedy resolution IMHO, mate.

• Did you contact support with my DI, Rig and clip-sharing idea in-mind, Adam?

There's also the alternate route I mentioned:

I'm asking 'cause you haven't provided any feedback on this and the situation seems to be in a holding pattern, which, given the inefficacious nature of your previous threads on the matter, will not lead to a speedy resolution IMHO, mate.

Sorry Monkey_Man yeah i did contact support and attatched all the recorded samples.They advised me to "Play around with the EQ" Yeah like i aint already tried that hahaha even though its clearly not the problem and no amount of EQ change will fix the obvious alien interference/glitch sound im really struggling with.Like i mentioned in a previous post im just gonna wait this whole lockdown thing out and when things are "back to normal" im gonna get one of my tech savvy mates to pop round and actually have a look at my setup and see whats going on.Its rather frustrating trying to explain whats going on when ya dont know whats going on haha.

• Are you using the XLR inputs on your interface or the TS ones?

How does it sound when you connect a pair if good headphones directly to the Profilers headphone output?

Have you tried to connect your monitors directly to the Profiler to see what that sounds like?

Have you tried the pure cab parameter?

• Are you using the XLR inputs on your interface or the TS ones?

How does it sound when you connect a pair if good headphones directly to the Profilers headphone output?

Have you tried to connect your monitors directly to the Profiler to see what that sounds like?

Have you tried the pure cab parameter?

I have a pair of Sure SRH 440's (Headphones) just tried it now and everything sounds pretty sweet directly out the headphone output. And through my HS7 monitors when directly connected to my kemper it sounds good. Im going SPDIF into my interface. Previously ive tried balanced and unbalanced cables as a process of ellimination but everytime playing back in my DAW will playback the mess. At first i was thinking hey maybe its just a bad profile but it does this on every distorted profile no matter the commercial profile distributer company.

Clean un-distorted profiles sound fantastic and playback is great its just theres a nasty critter juming in on the frequency somewhere when im using ANY metal tones.

TBH i dont even know what sounds good or bad anymore it just depress's me so i hardly even use my kemper anymore.

Hopefully my mate can figure out what is going on because it bums me out having to share my misery with you guys.I should be sharing the love and positive experiences with my lil toaster not crying about it on here every couple of weeks lol.

I promise though if i get a resolve i will explain in full what went down.

Thank you all again guys.