Is it my ears?...my last attempt to get a resolve.

• AdamMassacre1981 Could you post some DI recording of your guitar?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    \m/

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I noticed that your "original" version is wayyyy down in level. Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded your DI track and split it to 2 mono tracks (DI shouldn't be stereo anyway).

2. I used the left channel DI track for reamping (via S/PDIF)

3. All faders involved in my DAW (and in RME TotalMix FX) set to 0dB

4. Clean Sense, Distortion Sense and Reamp Sense set to 0.0dB

5. I had to set the global Noise Gate to 4.8 to get rid of the noise floor

6. Recorded via S/PDIF (stereo) with SPDIF Volume on the Profiler set to 0.0dB

7. Used your rig with NO changes ... 1:1 your rig

• Werw!! thats like a trillion times better haha so im clearly doing it wrong Oh my! thank you so much for this amigo, You've brought hope to my desperate situation \m/

• How did you record this DI track? It have some high level of noise? Is it from EMG pickups or you are routing something via interface preamp?

I went through my kemper and xlr out direct into my interface i just bypassed/turned off the amp cab stack and eq and all fx i will re-record another DI going direct into my interface tonight after work i didnt think there would be a difference.

• I went through my kemper and xlr out direct into my interface i just bypassed/turned off the amp cab stack and eq and all fx i will re-record another DI going direct into my interface tonight after work i didnt think there would be a difference.

try using a standard TS cable instead of the XLR. The noise was probably caused by the mic preamp of your interface

• I went through my kemper and xlr out direct into my interface i just bypassed/turned off the amp cab stack and eq and all fx i will re-record another DI going direct into my interface tonight after work i didnt think there would be a difference.

The DI you posted is ok . Just wanted to hear that there are some signal anomalies. And there was. You don't have to post another DI . Just connect KPA like we said (I'm using KPA XLR to interface TRS connection but you can try with ordinary TS cable). The important thing is if you record like this you propably hit clip region of your mic preamp. And this may be the couse of your problems.

• The DI you posted is ok . Just wanted to hear that there are some signal anomalies. And there was. You don't have to post another DI . Just connect KPA like we said (I'm using KPA XLR to interface TRS connection but you can try with ordinary TS cable). The important thing is if you record like this you propably hit clip region of your mic preamp. And this may be the couse of your problems.

Just ordered myself a balanced female XLR to 1/4 inch TRS jack cable.

Lets see what happens! :) fingers crossed its something good lol.

• Just ordered myself a balanced female XLR to 1/4 inch TRS jack cable.

That's the ticket, Adam. Thank you for finally posting this stuff, mate.

Thank you lightbox for going to all that trouble, Martin.

Is it just me or does the DI track sound super-compressed to your ears, Kemperites?

FWIMBW Adam, the typical-and-intended way to create a DI track is to either split the guitar signal pre-Kemper with a DI box or use the "Direct Output / Send" socket on the rear panel.

• ... the typical-and-intended way to create a DI track is to either split the guitar signal pre-Kemper with a DI box or use the "Direct Output / Send" socket on the rear panel.

... or use S/PDIF with Git Studio on the left channel into a corresponding mono track.

The biggest benefit is that you can't mess around with "input gain" on an S/PDIF input on the audio interface. Just keep all faders or volume settings at 0dB for recording AND for reamping. Safe bet. :)

I've seen too many people struggeling with analog connections, messed up gain staging etc. ;)

PS: If you use the Direct Out as recommended by Nicky, I would recommend you rather use Git Studio into a Line In of your audio interface instead of Git Analog into an Instrument (HiZ) input.

• ... or use S/PDIF with Git Studio on the left channel into a corresponding mono track.

The biggest benefit is that you can't mess around with "input gain" on an S/PDIF input on the audio interface. Just keep all faders or volume settings at 0dB for recording AND for reamping. Safe bet. :)

I've seen too many people struggeling with analog connections, messed up gain staging etc. ;)

PS: If you use the Direct Out as recommended by Nicky, I would recommend you rather use Git Studio into a Line In of your audio interface instead of Git Analog into an Instrument (HiZ) input.

This is also good solution . I think Adam tried but something went wrong. Maybe wrong interface configuration or wrong input selected in DAW track input while analog in was still connected .

• This is also good solution . I think Adam tried but something went wrong. Maybe wrong interface configuration or wrong input selected in DAW track input while analog in was still connected .

im attempting SPDIF again. Grey cable plugged into OUT of kemper which is plugged into IN on my interface and red cable plugged into IN of kemper and plugged into OUT of interface...

These are the current settings.

the Audio input i would usualy choose is SPDIF 2.

The configuration is "mono"

My USB device settings are as such. and my kemper clock matches and is synced.

Also i have added my interface settings...i hope i aint missed anything out and thank you guys so much for putting up with my moaning you guys are the best!

EDIT! My kemper SPDIF OUTPUT is set to GTR/STACK

• So... is it sounding hunky-dory now, Adam?

So far so good. the real kicker is is that it was probably just the profiles that were bad...well not "bad" just not tweeked for me or my guitar or style of playing. i will have to record a song in a mix to see if theres any hunky dory-ness.

Maybe im expecting the profiles to sound like a fully mixed guitar track right out the gate if that makes sense and im not going at it like an engineer where i should be digging in to make the profile work for me and my guitars and my style of playing.

They sell you this idea of commercial bundles as these "drop straight in a mix" profiles and that was very appealing to me and its just not the case...it takes work and im getting that now.

I cant thank all of you enough for sticking with me these last couple of years.Your input and support has been amazing \m/

• Hey guys!

So i took your advice and purchased a brand new pair of cables to go from my kemper into my interface (Female xlr out to TRS into interface) also a pack of NYXLs for each of my babies.

Got a couple of days off work coming up so im gonna knuckle down and see what happens.Maybe an improvement maybe not but its a new idea for me to try. ??

Rock on guys!