Ghost Effect Light Appearing

• Hey Guys,

I've owned my kemper almost five years now and I consider myself pretty well versed at editing and adjusting parameters etc. I generally use the Kemper in performance mode, making 1-5 various gain stages of the same amp, almost always using the same effects both in the stomp and effect sections.

Recently I came across a nice sounding kemper factory content 8.0 folder (see attached screenshot), and I imported it into a performance. I overwrote all the stomps and effects with my own particular internal effects I always use. As I was setting my control switches for turning on and off on my foot remote, I noticed on my remote there was already assigned to one of the switches a blue LED.

The funny thing is, it does not control anything and is not assigned to any effect in either the stomp or effects blocks. I have manually went through selecting each one and deselecting each one with that particular foot switch button but when I do, it assigns it to that particular switch as a second effect control (many of you already know you can turn on or off two effects simultaneously with one switch).

As I said though, there is nothing it is controlling however the original profile had effects assigned on it. Am I missing something here or is there something wonky with the foot controller or the use of this particular profile?

• Well, with some help from a friend on facebook, I figured it out. Went into Rig settings and unassigned a rotary speed control for button III. I was not aware you could set button controls to affect different modulation settings in real time. I have always done that with morphing! Learn something new everyday!

• There are curently three Action&Freeze functions, which can be controlled with these four Effect Buttons:

Rotary Speaker Speed

Delay/Reverb Freeze

Delay Infinity

Burkard, do you know if you can use one of the Roman numerated buttons to both turn an effect on and off and use it also to change the settings? I know that you can use one button to control two separate effects, but in the interest of saving space and buttons, I wonder if you could use a single button to turn the tremolo on and off with a default setting but click it a second time to morph the settings and then if clicked again would turn off the morph and the effect?

• With the EffectButtons I-IIII, You can switch on/off modules or activate/deactivate Action&Freeze with each button.

You can use the Rig Buttons to trigger Morphing.

These Effect Button assignments are by Rig, so you can use these buttons for different functions by Rig.

• With the EffectButtons I-IIII, You can switch on/off modules or activate/deactivate Action&Freeze with each button.

You can use the Rig Buttons to trigger Morphing.

These Effect Button assignments are by Rig, so you can use these buttons for different functions by Rig.

I watched a video that describes assigning other roles to buttons on the controller such as the looper switch. I never use the looper at all. Would it be possible to set up the switch that controls the looper to be assigned to control the speed of a tremolo effect, that is to toggle between two separate settings?

• You can assign other functions to the LOOPER, TUNER, and TAP buttons in System Settings/Remote Settings/Button Assignments globally.

Available are module on/off, Action&Freeze, Looper functions and Morph trigger. Check out the menu.

You could morph the Rate of the Tremolo.