Graphtec ghost piezo

• are there any experience with the mod of graphtec ghost piezo? Are they worth the price?:/

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I have a guitar with the Graph Tech ghost system. Works great , I have a dedicated output as well so I can send direct to board or amp.

Piezo sound overall is very sterile for an acoustic sound as you do not get any character of the openness of an acoustic mic up (woodiness, air movement) But you do get a acoustic flavour that will work for a live situation or even better as a blend with your regular guitar sound for clean sounds, etc.

The Kemper acoustic sim sounds pretty much like what you can expect from a electric guitar with piezo mounted. So I don’t think you will gain much there. If you plan on using the guitar on other amps, then it would be of benefit to have.

The ghost system is a very good system but you need to think about how you will use it. If you really want to dive into acoustic sounds, flavours and tunings you might consider a midi guitar setup as well with the hex expander.

Cheers!

• I loaded these to a Custom 24 for live work. With the right EQ and Reverb it worked extremely well in the mix. Doesn’t really sound rich like an acoustic but it worked. Separate out jack routed to its own channel in the desk for balance and a 3 way toggle to switch elec to acc or both (never used both). I’ve tried the sim but couldn’t dial it in as well.

-- Trig

• I loaded these to a Custom 24 for live work. With the right EQ and Reverb it worked extremely well in the mix. Doesn’t really sound rich like an acoustic but it worked. Separate out jack routed to its own channel in the desk for balance and a 3 way toggle to switch elec to acc or both (never used both). I’ve tried the sim but couldn’t dial it in as well.

Cool, sounds like you are well on your way! ?

Enjoy playing