How do I restore my stomp and effects presets?

• I was able to find and restore my presets for my individual effects/stomps, but I can't find the presets I made for the entire stomp section and entire effects section.

Does anyone know if those are backed up in the profiler backup or the rig manager backup? And if they are where can I find them, and / or how do I restore them?

Thanks.

Be Thankful.

• Ah, I see. I was attempting to do this without doing a full restore.

So, what I will do is:

Backup what I have in the profiler now.

Restore the backup with the group presets.

Save each of those presets to a rig and save those rigs in my local library.

Restore my newest backup.

Preview each of those new rigs from my local library and save the group presets in the profiler.

Does that seem like the thing to do, or is there a better way?

Be Thankful.

• There are often several ways to achieve the same or similar results. Such section presets are not visible in Rig Manager as well as PROFILER. Stage. But if you have such a precious combination of effects, that you intend to use more than once, you have probably used it once in a Rig already. Then you can temporarily lock the modules and "copy" it into a destination Rig this way. This process works for two, three or four modules or even beyond second boundaries e.g. modules C, D, DLY and REV.

• Burkhard, while it is true that a workaround is to load a rig with the desired settings and lock the effects. This is still much more cumbersome than the old section presets from the Head and Rack versions. You need to lock each effect individually and unlock them all individually too. It is too easy to forget something is locked and screw up other things by mistake. It requires several steps to lock/unlock the correct combination of effects. In RM there is the option of Lock All but Cab or Lock All but Amp (no Lock All or Lock Stomps and Lock Effects). Unlocking requires individual clicks or unlock all which may unlock things that you want to keep locked.

Removing the section presets always seemed like a strange decision to me. It would be really great to see these reintroduced for RM.

An alternative would be to add an undo option so that you could at least lock a group of effects then undo the lock that you have just applied. However, this would potentially also affect any other actions such as loading a new amp and/or cabinet. Perhaps some sort of Toggle Locked effects would be a usefull addition. Or, you could just bring back Section Presets ;)