Use usb audio interface?

• Not in its current form. No.

I say this because if they were going to add that functionality, they'd have done it sometime in the last 10 years of its existence. That's a literal 10 years as it was announced at NAMM 2011, which was in January that year.

If a version 2 appears, maybe.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Modelers that have built-in interfaces are limited in what they can do. The Kemper can do much more by plugging in your own type of interface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm calling you out, Ruefus! ^^ I was just as shocked as you must have been by the recent announcement.

I stand here humbly and happily corrected. Sometimes when you're mostly speculating....you get it way wrong.

8o

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sometimes when you're mostly speculating....you get it way wrong.

8o

I don't know about speculating. I could've sworn I heard Christoph or the other mods say audio over USB would never be possible with the current hardware. Maybe we all imagined it.

It's great to see your smiling face! I'm not on the forums much anymore, but I had to post when I heard the news. All the best, my friend.

• Yeah im sure i saw it mentioned it was impossible around the traps, but no direct quote, just third hand. I did always find it strange as my first kind of modelling thing (a digitech multi effects) managed to offer such functionality like 20 years ago!

Im happy it is, because i was toying with the idea to upgrading my usb interface to one with more inputs and this new update, assuming it performs well, will make that unnecessary if i can now have some signals going into my daw from both the kemper and my usb interface. The who re-amping will be much easier too as it is a right pain the way i run my kempers outputs.