Likelihood of a powered Kab?

• Needs a comment from Kemper themselves as would only be pure speculation from anyone else...although does seem to be taking some time! Wonder if they introduce a 2 x12 as well....

• I know this has been discussed a lot but I'm about ready to buy a Kabnet but would rather have a powered Kab for my Stage. Any word on a powered version?

This would be an awesome option to have along with the Stage. That gives a person options to use IEM or a cabinet based on the size of the venue.

• IMO if they do release a powered kab, i hope they abandon the current Class D amp and use a Class AB like the orange power amp has.

Why?, wouldn’t that add character when the amplifier goal is to be as transparent as possible?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Why?, wouldn’t that add character when the amplifier goal is to be as transparent as possible?

There's cool comparison on youtube from Eyschpi42

comparison

I use BAM200 from TC electronic (not for my kemper because it's powered), but comparable with the SD.

I's probably go for the orange, I put the amp on the cab , not on the pedalboard. I think that the class AB gives this extra dimension to the sound. I used to have a Redsound RS12 LG Neo with a class AB amp inside, it does sound less steril compared to class D

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• When I called Kemper back in August 2020 and asked if I should wait for the powered cabinet or buy the Kone they advised me to do the latter. They said that the powered Cabinet was coming but no one at Kemper could tell when. If you have learnt anything from Kemper the last 10 years is that they take their years to bring up stuff but when they do you can be sure that it is top notch. I, personally, do not expect a powered cabinet in 2021. But even if there would come such a surprise I think I would keep everything I built around the Kone, why not... you always need stuff to assemble and disassemble.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Why?, wouldn’t that add character when the amplifier goal is to be as transparent as possible?

The problem with Class D is that it is essential "digital" and are generally among the worst tonally, where they can't tend to have more harmonic distortion and can't keep up with bass frequencies at higher volume. Class D is used because it is efficient to produce higher wattage and is typically "good enough" for most people (non-audiophiles). Class AB is among the best tonally and will have superior detail and warmth with a faster response and will feel more normal to a guitarist.

• The problem with Class D is that it is essential "digital" and are generally among the worst tonally, where they can't tend to have more harmonic distortion and can't keep up with bass frequencies at higher volume. Class D is used because it is efficient to produce higher wattage and is typically "good enough" for most people (non-audiophiles). Class AB is among the best tonally and will have superior detail and warmth with a faster response and will feel more normal to a guitarist.

False and missleading, Class D is not digital by any means, it works under the principles of power switching (same as switch power sources), they are not among the the worst tonally, well designed class D amps are used in High grade audio components because of their size and eficiency, bass response and harmonic distortion are as good as it gets (you can see any icepower amp as an example for this). AB normally impart more color than a class D amp, it is linear by design, but has more to do with power dissipation when the volume is turned up. No one is better than the others, I am an electric engineer, and also an audiophile when it comes to high quality components, I have very competent Class D amps driving my hi fi set of speakers in my home theater, an equal cost AB does not match the quality, of them.

The answer is 42