Double instance of Rig Manager

• Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible through some trick to install two instances of Rig Manager on the same Windows PC. In one instance I keep all the back up profiles: my complete library, while in the other I would put only those chosen in order to have a smaller installation. Thank you.

• Pretty sure that's not an option the way they store data. Is your concern is startup time for Rig Manager due to a large number of profiles?

One workaround might be to have a folder somewhere in Windows for all your profiles, with subfolders grouping things the way they make sense to you - by amp, gain, favorites, etc. Then you could keep just your smaller profile set in RM. When you wanted the other stuff, you could drag and drop them into RM, then delete them when you were done.

Of course, that's a bit clumsy in terms of workflow because with the full install every sound is just a click away, but that's the trade off you need to consider. Is it worth the longer start up time to have the convenience of everything being right there, or do you want RM to start faster at the expense of having to drag in sets of profiles when you want to work with them?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10