Profiling with Two Torpedo Notes Captor X - very good results!

• Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this with you. I was always looking for a way to profile some of my 100W tube amps without blowing the windows out of my house. I was thinking about constructing a box to place the cabinet and mics in but never got around to it.

Yesterday I was messing around with the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X and thought: what if I plug the output of this thing into the return of the KPA and make a profile? How will that sound? The results are extremely convincing and now I can profile in silence! Granted, you're actually profiling one of Two Notes' IR's (in this case a Two Rock 2x12 IR) but I frankly cannot hear any significant difference between the profiles I made with the Captor X and the one I made with my actual Two Rock 2x12 and a mic in front of it.

It's also very useful for creating direct profiles: the Captor X can send out direct signal without any processing and so I was able to make some direct profiles of my amps in complete silence, which sound great when played through a cab or the Kabinet. I even merged the profiles with the "full" profiles I made while capturing Two Notes' IR and I think it's a wonderful solution.

Just something I wanted to share, I'm not affiliated with Two Notes in any way. Take care guys!

• Very nice info- Thanks!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user