Focusrite sucking life out of my kemper

• By the way, Focusrite has a 24 hour live chat. I just contacted them with another issue and was first in the cue. So you'll probably get a faster answer than here if you do the same.

thanks a lot dude.

my es I contacted them I talked with a realtor helpful guy on the chat but all the troubleshooting and fixing drivers didn’t fix the issue. They asked me to submit an audio file but my point is that they are not going to be able to compare it to the tone I get straight from the kemper into the studio monitors or even the headphone out of the kemper. I also have disabled space feature so it’s not adding anything into the headphones.

I am running out of options.

Could be the problem is the focusrite interface?

• Guys as heads up I found the solution.

if anyone is having the same issue I connected my monitors into outputs 3-4 and the headphones also I am not using outputs 1-2 since those where sucking tone.

Does anyone know how to assign the main volume fader of the focusrite to outputs 3-4 ? Is the only issue I am facing now.

thabks a lot to everyone for your time and help!

This is a great forum I will try to do the same for others like need help and advice like me.

have a great day guys!

• Just talked to focusrite support which is amazing! After lots of tests we did They diagnosed I have a hardware fault on outputs 1-2 since the interface is on warranty they are going to replace the unit for a new one. Thanks a lot Kaschko for your advice to contact them.

It has been a great help!

By the way, Focusrite has a 24 hour live chat. I just contacted them with another issue and was first in the cue. So you'll probably get a faster answer than here if you do the same.

• Good to hear you found the problem. Maybe just a short troubleshooting for similar issues: Hearing via headphone out at the Kemper usually means “Stereo Signal” and “Space” enabled. However, both attributes are not your typical recording settings (mono; dry). That often leads to a recorded sound that is rather different to what you might be used to via headphone out.

• Hearing via headphone out at the Kemper usually means “Stereo Signal” and “Space” enabled. However, both attributes are not your typical recording settings (mono; dry). That often leads to a recorded sound that is rather different to what you might be used to via headphone out.

Agreed, that being said using SPDIF means you can go stereo and „Space“ can be sent through to the interface as well, in which case the sound is identical to the Kemper headphone out.

• Good to hear you found the problem. Maybe just a short troubleshooting for similar issues: Hearing via headphone out at the Kemper usually means “Stereo Signal” and “Space” enabled. However, both attributes are not your typical recording settings (mono; dry). That often leads to a recorded sound that is rather different to what you might be used to via headphone out.

yea definitely man but in this case there were lots of elements missing not only guitar freqs but also the mix of Fx wasn’t so wet as should be. It’s crazy it took me more than a year to figure out the problem was the interface.
    after we did A/B tests with focusrite support with music albums I noticed how guitars were far back in the mix on output 1-2 and how unbalanced was compared to same recording on outputs 3-4.

amazing support so far!

• Agreed, that being said using SPDIF means you can go stereo and „Space“ can be sent through to the interface as well, in which case the sound is identical to the Kemper headphone out.

yes man.

thanks again for being insistent on going through the focusrite live chat.

I am enjoying so much my Guidorist profiles through my outputs 3-4 now! ?

dream tone definitely!