Why do many profiles purchased sound great but their 'Direct' versions do not (with real cab)?

• Using the very popular 'Top Jimi' profiles as an example -with my FRFR/Pa set up they sound excellent. When I load their 'Direct' ones for my real power amp real cab rig they sound totally different. Thin and un useable. M-Britts do not. I only bring this up because I love the Top Jimi profiles in the FRFR context. Some of the best Marshall profiles available but boy do i wish they translated well with my real cab. I e-mailed him and he sent a one sentence reply that didn't really help

I will say I love that Jimi's packs are $15 and have what you want, not 60 profiles with a bunch of variations you will never use for $40. That is all!

• A Direct Profile is created with the amplifier's EQ set to sound good to the person who created the profile, using a specific cabinet.

If you use a similar sounding cabinet, you will hear a similar sound,

If the Direct Profile was created with the EQ set for a dark-sounding cabinet, it will sound thin with a thinner sounding cabinet, unless you make EQ adjustments.

• A Direct Profile is created with the amplifier's EQ set to sound good to the person who created the profile, using a specific cabinet.

If you use a similar sounding cabinet, you will hear a similar sound,

If the Direct Profile was created with the EQ set for a dark-sounding cabinet, it will sound thin with a thinner sounding cabinet, unless you adjust the Amp/Cab parameters and EQ.

This is exactly it (only that the cab parameters will not affect anything in this example).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM