Just when I think I'm learning how to use the KPA!! Folks.. I've lost my ability to turn on the CABs!!

• Hello,

I'm fairly new to KPA. I run my non-powered KPA into a power amp and run in mono out to a 2X12 guitar cab. I think I might have screwed something up when I was messing around in rig manager. The only strange thing that I did was copy an Output section in from my rigs presets into the Output section in rig manager. Probably a dumb move, but it said it was a "Live with Guitar Cab" output section. It is dated from 2015 (so it is something old on my profiler's presets.

Anyway, Now I'm trying to play a profile through FRFR and non of my profiles have the cab available. I've went into the Output section and removed any "Monitor Cab off" buttons, but nothing seems to make the cab turn on again.

I have recently purchased some TJ profiles and I wanted to mess with them in FRFR to hear the actual cabs that came with the profile, but now I can't.

Can I easily get back to whatever the preset output section should be without refreshing my profile software. I was able to turn the cabs on and off via the Output section yesterday.. so the only thing I think messed it up was my copying in that "Live with Guitar Cab" output section from my profilers presets.

I hope this is an easy fix.

Thank you, Rshred1

• I might have some how figured it out. I found the default output section in the Kemper presets. I copied that to my output section.

Then I still couldn't get cabs to turn on. So I opened up a MBritt profile and had to press on Cab (to put it into edit mode). Then I selected a cab. Then the a cab was there. Now all my other profiles have cabs in them. So whatever I did.. i think it is working again.

I've probably messed something up.. I just can't stop noodling with the settings!!! OMG

• Ok I take it back.. now I have that one Mbritt cab as my default for any profile that I pull up. What the heck did I do.

I might have to reload everything on my kemper. I'm not even sure how to reset it back to default. So frustrating! :(

• Ok.. maybe I'm figuring it out.

I set that cab from within the global output section. So the MBritt cab was applying to everything because I also locked the output cab section after I set it to the Mbritt cab. I unlocked it now and it seems to be letting in the cabs from the other profiles.

I think it might be working. But if I'm wrong I'll respond to this post again.. ha ha.. I'm such a moron! :)

• Ok.. maybe I'm figuring it out.

I set that cab from within the global output section. So the MBritt cab was applying to everything because I also locked the output cab section after I set it to the Mbritt cab. I unlocked it now and it seems to be letting in the cabs from the other profiles.

I think it might be working. But if I'm wrong I'll respond to this post again.. ha ha.. I'm such a moron! :)

That is not the case. The cab is always part of the Rig. It sounds as if you have locked the cabinet module. Locking makes the current module or section global. Hold the LOCK button to see what is locked.

Or you are monitoring via MONITOR OUTPUT and have activated with Kemper Kone Speaker Imprints. If Kemnper Kone plus MOnitor CAb. Off are activated, you hear the selected Speaker Imprint on the MONITOR OUTPUT instead of the cabinet PROFILE. But this is meaningless, if you don't use a Kemper Kone.

• Burkhard,

You are correct I have no idea what I'm doing. Now it seems that my profiler is stuck to just one profile (I click on a new profile within the rig manager.. and it doesn't change on the KPA). So I think somehow I must have pressed the amp button while in global output section and somehow locked in just one profile. In rig manager I don't see anything locked.

Do you know how to get it to work correctly again. I was so wanting to do some compares between studio and merged profiles.. but now I'm just stuck using one profile.

I appreciate any quick responses that you guys can offer.

Thanks, Rshred1

• Unexpected events

In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior, the soft button “Init Globals” in System Settings will reset most global parameters in System Settings and Output Section as well as returning all locks to their default state. This way, you are always able to recover a defined state of settings.

• Dmatthews.. God bless you. I just did that and it resolved my issues without me killing all of my other stuff. I had to go back into the output section and set it up to work with my mono guitar cab, but other than that... it seems to be fixed.

Thanks again Sir!!!

• Dmatthews.. God bless you. I just did that and it resolved my issues without me killing all of my other stuff. I had to go back into the output section and set it up to work with my mono guitar cab, but other than that... it seems to be fixed.

Thanks again Sir!!!

Awesome, glad I could help!

• Again, if you hold the LOCK button, all modules and sections which are currently locked will be indicated by the corresponding button being lit. You must have locked either amp or cab or stack or a combination of those. And this does only happen if you press the LOCK button while one of those sections or modules are in focus. If the output section is in focus and you press LOCK, this will have no impact as the output section is permanently global ("Locked") by design.